Starfleet command Phaser

laser1959

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I been collecting TOS replicas pretty much since 1977. Sold off alot some years ago, and decided to re aquire some..I have been amazed how quick I found some of the non licensed pieces I used to have...They seem to have gotten pretty elusive from what I had been told. I remember when they were pretty common. Just last week I got in a Starfleet command Phaser, which needed a complete restoration. It was missing a few parts, which I already had..The piece was made out of sand cast aluminum, and the hand unit was vacuum formed plastic.

CompleteRPF00.JPGCompleteRPF01.JPGCompleteRPF02.JPGCompleteRPF03.JPGCompleteRPF04.JPGCompleteRPF005.JPGand after some resurfacing, a fresh new paint job, and of course the replaced vintage parts, it looks pretty nice..I know..for you "purists" its way off as far as accuracy, but my goal in getting it back was to complete the line Jim Kirk had available at the time..This completes my set made by him..For accuracy, I have the Horch Tricorder, The JL comm, and the wand, and AA I reworked with all the metal parts from federation phaser

This looks like Brad Nelson's phaser which had been sold to Paramount Studios for Star Trek Phase II which never got produced. I think I have one of these, too, somewhere.

This is not the Nelson phaser...Jim Kirk made this phaser by copying Brad's..Brad asked him to make a few modifications to distinguish between the two..like the left side of the handle being flat, and 3 rear fins where Brad's had four..

Ah, this takes me back. I recall studying the Starfleet Command catalog for hours on end and saving up my "mowing lawns" money to buy the Kirk phaser. Back in the day, this was high end stuff -- this, Miarecki's convention phasers, and Starfleet Fabrications...then eventually New Eye Studio. I miss those days -- and the first prop replicas I collected back then, now long gone. Thanks for posting the pics -- nice job on the restoration.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back