Star Wars Theme Home theatre Build - Need some Help

Awesome theater build, and great build log progress throughout the thread! I'm very jealous of your build, and wishing I had space to dedicate to a home theater.

Dude... that is amazing!! I can't believe I haven't clocked this thread before. You must feel like you're stepping into another world every time you walk in there. All the lights and lightsabers everywhere, looks brilliant. I really like the collectibles and figures at the back too. I've actually designed a complete Star Wars themed house.. on paper, that I would love to build one day. Each room is a different environment from Star Wars. It was threads like this and the Falcon cockpit etc that set something off in my mind and inspired me to design it. I might do a virtual thread of it and put the plans on here to see what people think. Anyway, love your theatre mate, good skills.
Andy

Beautiful theater! You did a great job! I have to agree the Rubies Supreme Storm Trooper needs to go LOL! The room is too pretty for that thing to be setting in there, get some ATA armor if ya want to some good armor at a low price. Which projector did you go with? From the looks of the screen you went with a projector with an anamorphic lense correct?

Thanks and i checked the box and yes it is a rubies storm trooper. Can anyone let me know as to what makes it a bad suit. I havent done much research into it. Everyone seems to say Burn it, I've started adjusting the mannequin with some foam padding and its looking right. Would be appreciated if there's a comparison somewhere which says this is crap becuase of this and this etc. In regards to the projector, with the cost of the house and all, it was just the carry over from my last basic Theatre. Epson TW700. Will upgrade later on once the wallet is back to normal.

It is the Supreme Stormtrooper...and this is from Rubies.I really hope you did not payed a lot for this.:eek

I paid $600au incl Shipping from 2000klms away. The guy told me he was a member of the 501st troops, and was using this, but now upgraded, told me it was fine, so I thought if it was ok for trooping would be ok to finish of my theatre.

awesome fit out, v jealous! those pics look great too, what resolution were they out of interest? I definitely want a few for my kids falcon bed, how cool to jump out of "hyperspace" and have these big ISDs in front of you. Perfect roleplaying!

Yeah very happy with pics, Not sure I gave it a risk, the file was only about 1mb and properties show 1920X1080. You start to notice pixels at about 30cm away from wall. Any further you cant see anything. So happy, they weren't cheap though $300 for both prints, but worth it.

Dude... that is amazing!! I can't believe I haven't clocked this thread before. You must feel like you're stepping into another world every time you walk in there. All the lights and lightsabers everywhere, looks brilliant. I really like the collectibles and figures at the back too. I've actually designed a complete Star Wars themed house.. on paper, that I would love to build one day. Each room is a different environment from Star Wars. It was threads like this and the Falcon cockpit etc that set something off in my mind and inspired me to design it. I might do a virtual thread of it and put the plans on here to see what people think. Anyway, love your theatre mate, good skills.
Andy

Thanks, do love it, and it does feel like you are in another place and ill be honest, i had no idea what I should do, then came across the RPF and found Fuzzual thread and his room and then AmazingDJ Den Build. Those two rooms got me thinking this is what i should do, so I have to give special thanks to them two for all the pics and info they posted up, as it gave me a guide on what could be done. Would love a star wars themed house, but not sure how my missus and 3 daughters would go with it. Good luck with it all, and dont forget to post pics of it all.

Do you mind me asking what kind of print you had done? I am guessing my kids will be about 60cm from it, and tbh they will be just be amazed by it anyway I reckon!

I paid $600au incl Shipping from 2000klms away. The guy told me he was a member of the 501st troops, and was using this, but now upgraded, told me it was fine, so I thought if it was ok for trooping would be ok to finish of my theatre.

Good to hear that you have not payed 1000$ or more for that.I would sell this terrible armor on ebay and buy a better one for your awesome room.There are a lot better armors out there for the same or a little bit higher price.I´m not a Trooperexpert...I have a armor that I can wear..but its a mix of sources because I have not the dimensions for a regular trooper!;)
But you can wake up the experts if you open a thread here that you are looking for a new armor .

Do you mind me asking what kind of print you had done? I am guessing my kids will be about 60cm from it, and tbh they will be just be amazed by it anyway I reckon!

I just went to my local officeworks store and printed the image on photo poster paper. Ill try take a couple of close up pics to show the pixelation, but Ive had heaps of people go through the theatre and no-one has picked the pixelation.

Love the idea of lightsabers as lighting too, I think I will be stealing that idea!

Yeah I didnt know how else to display them, We dont have them on during movies its just too bright with them on.

I cant take a hit on the rubies suit right now. I couldn't do to someone what the other guy did to me, other words sell something if i know its not right, thats why I canty afford to throw it away just yet. I doubt anyone would buy it being such a big problem for people. If anyone is Aus is interested pm me. Id like to get my $600au from it. It will have to do until I find the right one.

I cant take a hit on the rubies suit right now. I couldn't do to someone what the other guy did to me, other words sell something if i know its not right, thats why I canty afford to throw it away just yet. I doubt anyone would buy it being such a big problem for people. If anyone is Aus is interested pm me. Id like to get my $600au from it. It will have to do until I find the right one.

Ok,I understand.But a lot of "normal"people are only looking for a costume for a party or something like that...so they could be happy with the Rubies.My mom would also not see the differences between a Rubies and a TM Armor!:D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back