Star Wars Theme Home theatre Build - Need some Help

This is something that touches me in several ways, I'm a super HT and Hi-Fi enthusiast, I'm an engineer, and a super SW fan!! The first one gave me the honor to join one of the nicest Hi-Fi high end Magazines in Italy, after years of writing in newsgroups anf forums and gaining respect as a fair writer. The second gave me the cance to design some HT rooms, before leaving for NY to design curtain walls. The third gave me the cance so join this forum and be honored to even talk to this marvellous bunch of amazing builders and fans!!!:cool

Very nice job!! A beautiful an so well done work of architecture. :thumbsup

I know that's totally OT but give me a hint of Your equipment too please!?:$

Regards:

Alberto

If you attach the Led's to a thin strip of aluminium you can screw it to the carpeted surface.
What a fantastic place you've created!

Thanks Pro, I ended up just using a hot glue gun to the Carpet. Seems to be working fine.

SooOooo Cooool!

Awesome work. Very inspiring.

Thanks Jessec

This is something that touches me in several ways, I'm a super HT and Hi-Fi enthusiast, I'm an engineer, and a super SW fan!! The first one gave me the honor to join one of the nicest Hi-Fi high end Magazines in Italy, after years of writing in newsgroups anf forums and gaining respect as a fair writer. The second gave me the cance to design some HT rooms, before leaving for NY to design curtain walls. The third gave me the cance so join this forum and be honored to even talk to this marvellous bunch of amazing builders and fans!!!:cool

Very nice job!! A beautiful an so well done work of architecture. :thumbsup

I know that's totally OT but give me a hint of Your equipment too please!?:$

Regards:

Alberto

Hi Alberto, if I put up pics of my whole house you'll understand why I'm just carrying over my basic equipment from my last HT. Budget has really stretched out on the entire house build. Whole house is 670m2 or 7200sqft so the equipment is just basic Yamaha receiver with 5.1 yamaha speakers and an epson Projecter. I dont have the model numbers offhand, as they are about 4 years old now. They will do for a few months, once the wallet gets thicker. First to be replaced will be the Projector. But honestly they work real good, im not one of the real fussy people when it comes to sound quality etc, i just cant tell the difference that often. cheers

Thanks Pro, I ended up just using a hot glue gun to the Carpet. Seems to be working fine.

Thanks Jessec

Hi Alberto, if I put up pics of my whole house you'll understand why I'm just carrying over my basic equipment from my last HT. Budget has really stretched out on the entire house build. Whole house is 670m2 or 7200sqft so the equipment is just basic Yamaha receiver with 5.1 yamaha speakers and an epson Projecter. I dont have the model numbers offhand, as they are about 4 years old now. They will do for a few months, once the wallet gets thicker. First to be replaced will be the Projector. But honestly they work real good, im not one of the real fussy people when it comes to sound quality etc, i just cant tell the difference that often. cheers

If You could afford that house I guess it'll happen fast!! LOL :D
Then hit me with a pm I'll give some hints on how to get into Hypespace without spending a fortune, believe me! At least get THX:lol

Last edited:
Really nicely done! Only thing that I noticed was that you think there is any way for you to attach the sabers on the wall without a clip on the blade portion? Just attaching somehow from the hilt. It would clean up the aesthetic a little bit, minor detail though, I'm very jealous!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Well its been a little while now, been busy with work and finding time to get room finished, but it's finally done. I am very happy with the way it all came out, now time to enjoy using it.
photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 4 (2).JPGphoto 3 (2).JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 2.JPG

Came out extremely cool mate I'm sooo impressed!!!:eek

When You'll know about upgrading your HT electronics, You have my address!!!:cool:cool

Regards,

Alberto

What a cool home theatre!!!Awesome build...it must be like sitting in a spaceship!:D:thumbsup

BUT...is this a RUBIES STORMTROOPER ARMOR?AAAARGHHH!Destroy it immediately!:eek:lol

What a cool home theatre!!!Awesome build...it must be like sitting in a spaceship!:D:thumbsup

BUT...is this a RUBIES STORMTROOPER ARMOR?AAAARGHHH!Destroy it immediately!:eek:lol

Thanks it is like a star destroyer. No its not a rubies (never heard of them) i got it from ebay here in OZ it came in an official Star wars box i think it was the supreme edition. The mannequin is a bit odd, and i need to get some bubble wrap to thicken the arms and chest a bit to make it sit properly. It was quickly put together last night to take some photos. Its not perfect but with some minor adjustments will be ok.

Beautiful theater! You did a great job! I have to agree the Rubies Supreme Storm Trooper needs to go LOL! The room is too pretty for that thing to be setting in there, get some ATA armor if ya want to some good armor at a low price. Which projector did you go with? From the looks of the screen you went with a projector with an anamorphic lense correct?

Thanks it is like a star destroyer. No its not a rubies (never heard of them) i got it from ebay here in OZ it came in an official Star wars box i think it was the supreme edition. The mannequin is a bit odd, and i need to get some bubble wrap to thicken the arms and chest a bit to make it sit properly. It was quickly put together last night to take some photos. Its not perfect but with some minor adjustments will be ok.

It is the Supreme Stormtrooper...and this is from Rubies.I really hope you did not payed a lot for this.:eek

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Well its been a little while now, been busy with work and finding time to get room finished, but it's finally done. I am very happy with the way it all came out, now time to enjoy using it.
View attachment 330842View attachment 330843View attachment 330844View attachment 330845View attachment 330846View attachment 330847View attachment 330848View attachment 330849

WTFrenchfries, that is amazing. You are a masterclass wizard!!!!!!!

awesome fit out, v jealous! those pics look great too, what resolution were they out of interest? I definitely want a few for my kids falcon bed, how cool to jump out of "hyperspace" and have these big ISDs in front of you. Perfect roleplaying!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back