Star Wars Theme Home theatre Build - Need some Help

Some pics, I took the other day, I've finished sanding now, hopefully first coat of paint on Friday.

Photo 2.jpgPhoto 3.jpgPhoto 4.jpgPhoto 5.jpgPhoto 1.jpgPhoto 6.jpg

I love the idea of the big pics, I had not thought of that for my kids playroom. Let us know how your prints work out. Awesome work on HT, wish I had that amount of skill!

Hi Everyoine, Ive managed to get some more work done, in between the move in. Sorry for crappy Iphone pics.

This is second coat down and sanded
photo1392581031009.jpg

photo1392581032088.jpg

This Is Thrid coat down and two coats to black ceiling, The centre bulhead now also has a second coat of suede finish paint.

photo1392581033233.jpg

Main Room since is complete, Carpets are in, Entrance doors are in and operational. Ive set up the rear display cabinets with my movie pieces. Ive wired most of the room with LEDs in the wall columns etc. Now all I have is the front panels with the cutouts, they are a nightmare to sand and being MDF, extremely difficult to get smooth. Last night finished the rear two panels with the white perspex, i think looks great, hopefully will finish the full rear part tonight and post some pics tomorrow.

photo1392581035449.jpg

Attachments

• photo1392581031009.jpg
    photo1392581031009.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 187
I don't think awesome and amazing are even the right words to say for this.
There has to be a better word!!!!!

You should be proud on how this is turning out. I'd love to have something like
this in my house. Incredible looking! You're very talented!

I don't think awesome and amazing are even the right words to say for this.
There has to be a better word!!!!!

You should be proud on how this is turning out. I'd love to have something like
this in my house. Incredible looking! You're very talented!

Thanks Knight, I'm very happy the way its turning up.

Heres a quick crappy Iphone pic of the rear of the theatre finished off. I think the LED in wall columns turned up great, were very bright, but once perspex panels went on diffused a bit, and perfect amount of light. Ive Got the rear seats all setup too. They are full leather, fully motorised recliners. Have 4 seats at back on the 2 step up and 3 at front on main floor to allow for access from both sides.

1.jpgphoto 1.JPG

Ive got the printouts for the windows, they came up pretty good, bit boxy when you're up real close however at 4 feet back looks fine. So my next thing is to complete the two window details, sand paint and install perspex then do Centre light columns.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Guys,

Last night managed to get all chairs hooked together and wired up. Love them they work awesome, they are full electric and recline to practically a flat bed. Also installed the Led Strip light to under step up, wont stick with the standard rear 3M adhesive, thought of stapling but worried about damaging the strip. Any Suggestions how to attach the strip to the underside of a carpeted surface? Hopefully tonight will manage to sand and paint the windows which will be one major part complete.

If you attach the Led's to a thin strip of aluminium you can screw it to the carpeted surface.
What a fantastic place you've created!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back