Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Here’s another one Id been trying to find to discuss. I know they said no CGI Carrie Fisher in TROS, but is anyone else getting mad Uncanny Valley effect from the quick clip of her here? It just looks off to me somehow... maybe its just weird lighting and CGI environment. Promise im not trying to nitpick, just curious what my brain is noticing :unsure:

To quick a cut to really tell... maybe CGI background for an unused scene from TLJ?

On another note, anyone else notice this?

49161774212_279f46cbc6_z.jpg

The lighting on the right side of her face seems slightly different to the shoulders, I'm thinking perhaps it is her face and hands just recomposited into a different costume and background. (?)

TLJ, decent, nothing special, but an alright kick-off

LFL gambled letting RJ make TLJ, and IMO, LFL lost that bet, and not only Solo suffered for it, but TROS IMO is going to feel like JJ's "**** it, we're doing it live" kind of moment.

All over a gamble.

Agree with what you’ve written , except I’d change the first line from TLJ to - TFA being a decent / alright kick-off . Loved Rogue One and Solo was o.k. too.

Don’t know if it’s my age ( becoming a bit more discerning & easily grumpy ! :p) , or the bad aftertastes from witnessing the abomination that was TLJ , but I’ve not much..., ‘ hope ‘ from what’s been released regarding this latest instalment .
I’ll end up buying and watching it on Blu-Ray , that’s another problem of mine - being a completist !

The future of Star Wars isn’t dead to me - not by a long shot , being a member since ‘77 ;)
However , I’m hoping ( whoever’s in charge ) for any future related projects , that they’ll take stock of what’s occurred with this ‘ trilogy ‘ (?) and not hand over complete control to any individual , at least without ensuring there are suitable checks & balances involved from those who honestly care about these characters and stories...., just my 0.02

Last edited:
Here’s another one Id been trying to find to discuss. I know they said no CGI Carrie Fisher in TROS, but is anyone else getting mad Uncanny Valley effect from the quick clip of her here? It just looks off to me somehow... maybe its just weird lighting and CGI environment. Promise im not trying to nitpick, just curious what my brain is noticing :unsure:

IIRC in TFA Rey was supposed to pass the saber off to Leia initially. So there is probably footage of her receiving and holding it. Change the background, wardrobe, and CGI the clamp section is what the probably did. It probably looks off because of the environmental changes and CGI around her.

So another FB buddy of mine just so happened to notice the same thing and was asking around about it. He apparently knows a guy who knows a guy, to which the response was..

“Lots of CGI. Not sure of the percentages but I’ll find out”

Should be interesting to see how they tackled the problem

I'm sure it's just another stupid gripe of mine, but why has Threepio just looked spray-painted gold for this trilogy?

Every film has problems 'filming' 3PO because of reflections of the crew, in Star Wars, & Empire, they dirtied him up, weathered him,....only at the end of Star Wars in the Throne Room, you see him polished,....In Jedi, they took a different approach & he looks a bit how he does in the Sequels

In the PT, in ROTS George wanted him gleaming,....it took a lot of work to digitally remove the crew & unwanted green screen reflections

The ST is just taking the easiest way out, by dull coating him,....no need to fix anything in post or plan positions

maxresdefault.jpg
2629aec227b44eaed5c7fc8dc6dc9acb.jpg
a025703e581ba68d38f1b7d1a67ac861.jpg

J
463b66751ca13e12be4e0cf5c159ef24.jpg
151215_em_starwarsprevious.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 22.20.40.png
c3po-revenge-of-the-sith-1536x864-473996094288.jpg
151215_em_starwarsprevious.jpg
img-2428714-f.jpg

Last edited:
In the PT, in ROTS George wanted him gleaming,....it took a lot of work to digitally remove the crew & unwanted green screen reflections

The ST is just taking the easiest way out, by dull coating him,....no need to fix anything in post or plan positions

I know of the history of the problems with filming him. You think with the massive budget and Threepio's limited screentime in these movies that they would have just tried to go for some sort of.... nevermind. He's an old character and not worth the time, or effort, or money.

I know of the history of the problems with filming him. You think with the massive budget and Threepio's limited screentime in these movies that they would have just tried to go for some sort of.... nevermind. He's an old character and not worth the time, or effort, or money.
To be fair, the droid is well over 70 years, and the Resistance has limited resources. I doubt anybody is standing around, looking at 3PO, and saying, "Damn, Leia's old protocol droid could REALLY use a coat of wax."

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back