Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

So do Bob(s) Gale and Zemeckis. BTTF is a freaking clinic on how to do that correctly, though.

And Rose Tico still sux. :lol:
I literally just wanted to say that BTTF 1 is probably one of the best written scripts in mainstream popcorn cinema. Every little set up has its pay-off, paced perfectly and really sharp. I didn't know that this was the two Bobs' approach but goes to show that you can absolutely pull it off.
The other one being the first Terminator for me.

Lol no offense meant. Still the best car ever made in my opinion and I would choose a BTTF decked out DeLorean every time over any other supercar.

Naaah your not lying, they are electrical nightmares of a car...

There are a lot of upgrades but once you cover them all it’s a very reliable car

.. costs a lot to get there though..

Expensive junk ;)

Bandai model of Poe's X-wing. My goodness, this I'm lovin' this paint scheme!
ag327509.jpg

It looks like Poe's going to have Artoo.

That's also how George writes. He's said he comes up with several things he wants to see happen in the film, and then figures out a way to connect them together.
i know he was aware that Alfred Hitchcock made his movies the same way. including the word "Mcguffin".
i have no manbaby hatred for these movies but even i don't care for Rose Tico....

i await the bluray disk as i have for all of the new movies.
i might even go to the theater a month or two out on an off day. i hate crowded theaters. rarely go maybe once every two years.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to make sense...

You fight in space, space is black, so naturally you want to stick out like a sore thumb??
Ah come on, TIE fighters were bright gray/blue, X-wings were light grey with red stripes and the Falcon was a big light grey blob, nobody uses space-camo... :lol:
I fancied the black/orange more though, that was a cool looking ship.

Yeah, I have to say the space camo aspect doesn't bother me at all. I always loved that naboo fighter design.
I'm not wowed by any of the ships in DSW so far. That Poe X-wing just looks like they tried putting a pilot uniform on the ship. :lol:
It's too bad they didn't just come up with new ship designs but this is the same universe that keeps outdated 70 year old droids around (one built from scraps! o_O ) so that's par for the course I suppose. In the real universe I'm sure it's for the nostalgia grab so it will "feel" Star Warsy.

Ah come on, TIE fighters were bright gray/blue, X-wings were light grey with red stripes and the Falcon was a big light grey blob, nobody uses space-camo... :lol:
I fancied the black/orange more though, that was a cool looking ship.

No so much space cammo. Those were all built essentially of steel (plastisteel or whatever i know). presumably those greys were simply the color of the metals. One guy with a big orange ship in the midst of all that is a big giant 'hey look at me!' thing.

It'd be another deal, i suppose, if ALL of them were painted that way. Wouldn't make a lot of sense, but whatever. At least that was the case with the prequel naboo ships. They were all the same, and i was never a fan of their design, but they don't stand out in color when they're all identical either.

I mean, poe's original ship was different from the rest to stand out and it was black. If his is the only one that's orange - it's like a design aspect called the focal point. You put 99 ships out there that are grey, and one that's orange, where is your eye going? And that applies to the viewing audience and the opposition. And, uh, there was nothing about the muted color scopes of the OT ships that called attention to them. The airforce doesn't sent out a squadron of jets that look largely the same with one guy flashing bright neon signs either.

Maybe it wouldn't bother me if the color was substantially more muted, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb. Kind of like going to a car dealer to look at new corvettes and seeing on that comes in a 1970's puke green color. We all know which one sells last, if it sells at all.

No so much space cammo. Those were all built essentially of steel (plastisteel or whatever i know). presumably those greys were simply the color of the metals. One guy with a big orange ship in the midst of all that is a big giant 'hey look at me!' thing.

It'd be another deal, i suppose, if ALL of them were painted that way. Wouldn't make a lot of sense, but whatever. At least that was the case with the prequel naboo ships. They were all the same, and i was never a fan of their design, but they don't stand out in color when they're all identical either.

I mean, poe's original ship was different from the rest to stand out and it was black. If his is the only one that's orange - it's like a design aspect called the focal point. You put 99 ships out there that are grey, and one that's orange, where is your eye going? And that applies to the viewing audience and the opposition. And, uh, there was nothing about the muted color scopes of the OT ships that called attention to them. The airforce doesn't sent out a squadron of jets that look largely the same with one guy flashing bright neon signs either.

Maybe it wouldn't bother me if the color was substantially more muted, but it just sticks out like a sore thumb. Kind of like going to a car dealer to look at new corvettes and seeing on that comes in a 1970's puke green color. We all know which one sells last, if it sells at all.
If the poster is any indication there's going to be X-wings of all different colors and paint schemes. It's hard to tell, but it looks like green and blue are the top colors.

X-Wing.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back