Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I might very well be in the minority.

I think this voices how I feel
View attachment 980690

This is just another way of say other people should change their minds. You don't want to change your stance on TLJ, fine. No one is forcing you to. But how this quote ends, is exactly what people don't like about your comments in this discussion. You Move. Is that really the message you want to send? I'm not going to compromise, so you have to. Either you don't understand the quote from CA:CV, or you really don't care about people's low opinion of TLJ, and expect them to accept your opinion.

Gotta admit, never seen Hardware Wars. Might have to give it a watch.
It'll break your mind, man.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEFoxQgqHl6-f5dmQ54LztfBEXbfrA8yaCiCbZmoAs790SWETbMw.jpg

This is just another way of say other people should change their minds. You don't want to change your stance on TLJ, fine. No one is forcing you to. But how this quote ends, is exactly what people don't like about your comments in this discussion. You Move. Is that really the message you want to send? I'm not going to compromise, so you have to. Either you don't understand the quote from CA:CV, or you really don't care about people's low opinion of TLJ, and expect them to accept your opinion.

Here's the thing. I have my ideas on the films. They differ from most peoples. And when someone challenges my ideas, I go back to the film and scene(s) in question. And ask myself, "am I the one in error?" And I'll watch it over and over again. I'll listen to commentaries. I want to make sure that my views and ideas about Star Wars aligns with what is in the films and is consistent. I've changed my ideas, just recently I've had to alter my views on a particular part of the lore in order to remain consistent with the films. So I'm not going to budge, not one inch.

With that said I want EVERYONE on here to know. I totally fine if you don't like the new films. But if the reason behind you not liking it is based on errors and misconceptions. Well, then I going to share with you the other view.

(Sorry that probably didn't make sense at all :D)

You are clearly not fine with people not liking the movie. You've ignored and refused to acknowledge points that make this a bad film. That's fine, no skin off my backside. Don't budge, not asking you to. But when you keep coming back with comments like
But if the reason behind you not liking it is based on errors and misconceptions. Well, then I going to share with you the other view
is based on your opinion that we are wrong. You want us to be able to see the movie the way you do. We don't. Maybe I can't stick my head that far up my own rear to swallow what I find and tell myself it's good. I'm not even going to concern myself with what you feel are errors and misconceptions. The Last Jedi simply sucked.
Don't budge. But don't expect us to, either.

I'm all good with people liking or not liking whatever movie. What drives me nuts is when people throw out the "Not a true fan" card on either side of it. :D I actually saw TLJ three times. I liked a lot about it, but over all the film fell flat. At the end it just felt like there was no where for them to go. I wasn't really drawn into the ending. I didn't really have that "woah... whats going to happen next." feeling but instead a "Eh, what could possibly happen next... " feeling.

I wouldn't question anyone's fandom for their opinion on the films. People like what they like and that's great.

To be clear our opposing opinions on this movie are not based on errors or misconceptions. They are just not in alignment with your perspective. You're just going to have to accept that. If you can't then there is no point in talking with you at all.

In a lot of ways I wish I had the will power to dismiss your comments entirely like many of the people on the thread have, if only to keep the conversation from becoming stagnant and retreading old territory that has been shredded to death. I'll tell you though, I am to a point where I may just have to put you on the ignore setting before long, if only to keep my sanity. I hate that it would come to that but if you can't see where I'm coming from then it's clear you don't listen and I can't waste my time further engaging with you on the subject.

I will say this in parting, you really should consider what I and others are saying because there aren't a lot of people in the world who would take the time to try and politely show you the way you are perceived by others. I like to think I have been more than civil with you while attempting to point out your error in thinking. We are NOT opposing your love of the material. We are opposing the fact that you aren't allowing others to freely express their opinion in the hopes that you can convince them that they are wrong. Our minds are made up. You just have to find a way to cope with that fact.

I suspect this isn't the only area in your life where you feel the need to exert total control, but I will say that you are going to have a hard time going through life talking to people like that. This is only a movie. What happens when you have to talk about a real issue? Again let me reiterate that this is not meant to be cruel but a means to politely, but sternly, warn you that you need to think before you speak. I know you mean well and your intentions are to unite the fans, but this is NOT the way to do it. You're doing the exact opposite.

I have no malice towards you. Just frustration. Be well.

Last edited:
You are clearly not fine with people not liking the movie. You've ignored and refused to acknowledge points that make this a bad film. That's fine, no skin off my backside. Don't budge, not asking you to. But when you keep coming back with comments like
is based on your opinion that we are wrong. You want us to be able to see the movie the way you do. We don't. Maybe I can't stick my head that far up my own rear to swallow what I find and tell myself it's good. I'm not even going to concern myself with what you feel are errors and misconceptions. The Last Jedi simply sucked.
Don't budge. But don't expect us to, either.

Not to get into this too deep.

But real quick, most of the things that people point to that say that makes it bad film are writing, and editing. I don't know anything about writing or editing, so I'm not going to argue those points (though it won Saturn awards for writing and editing)

But when it comes, "it ruined Star Wars, it ruined Luke, it ruined the Force, Rey's a Mary Sue" and whatever is said. Yeah, no. It didn't. That's why I emplore people to watch all the films in order. Then hit up The Clone Wars, see the big picture. Step back view it has one big saga.

Episode 9 is coming up, it's the end of the saga. A saga that is episodes 1-8. Okay, you don't like the prequels, or TFA, or TLJ, or all of the above. But they are part of the story. So like em or not, you need to accept them as THE story.

We don't need to accept any of it if we don't want to. That's the entire point of this. Sure the Prequels, the Sequels, Clone Wars, etc are canon. It still doesn't mean we need to like it regardless of whether it's the official story or not.

Our love or hatred of certain pieces in the series makes no one any less of a fan than anyone else and what you say seems to suggest otherwise, which most of us don't take kindly to.

We don't need to accept any of it if we don't want to. That's the entire point of this. Sure the Prequels, the Sequels, Clone Wars, etc are canon. It still doesn't mean we need to like it.

No, you don't need to like it. But when someone points out such and such in the sequel trilogy is consistent with say, something that is said or presented in the prequels. Then that person comes back with 'the prequels are bad, George didn't know what he was doing, etc etc etc'. Then that person is not accepting them.

And this is the thing. My perspective isn't mine. It's George's, I strive to have my perspective consistent with what is said in the films. If I find that perspective doesn't align, then I alter it. I just had to do this recently.

Yeah I'm tired of this crap too. I shouldn't have engaged in it. I'll try my best to not chime in until there is a real update, like a trailer or something to discuss.

Think there is any chance for a Superbowl teaser?
I don't follow any kind of sports plus I live in the UK, but was that a thing with any of the previous movies? I don't remember when the previous trailers came out and I certainly wouldn't be able to link it to Superbowl. Just noticed that this is apparently many people's guess.

I had a look back for the first Teaser for the previous movie & it was April 2017, 11th to 15th April this year is SW Celebration

The Force Awakens had its first Teaser in Nov 2014, it's second in April 2015

J

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back