Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I think there aren't many that like Ep II but even it's a terrible movie it has an story arc, characters with flaws and motivations and feels like a part of the saga.

And for criticizing it George Lucas never called anyone a racist, sexist, ******* or too stupid to understand his work.

Here's the thing, I understand why they are questioning what people are saying. Because there's alot of people that don't get what sequel trilogy is all about. (Not saying I understand it all either) But they are doing something with this trilogy that is insanely cool, and for the life of me I can't understand why Star Wars fans don't like it.

It's a bit disingenuous to say a lot of people don't understand the sequel trilogy, when you can't even explain why it works for you.

What you see as insanely cool, I see as lazy, Star Wars tropes being poorly reused, giving out WOW moments without having earned them. Ep VIII could have been good, with a few changes in dialogue, character alterations, and a few scene changes. The base was there for a decent SW movie, but they simply didn't follow through with any of it.

I can't understand why Star Wars fans do like it.

I just realized that this thread went right back to debating EP VIII, not discussing anything about IX. Oh well.

I can agree to disagree. See, I don't have to convince anyone to feel what I do towards II, and I don't need anyone to love VIII as much as I do. (y)

I don't want to convince you. You asked if someone likes AOTC more than TLJ. I don't like both, but IMHO EP 2 is, except visuals, the better movie. I stopped trying to understand why some people like TLJ, because it's a matter of taste and what some folks love about it is one of the reasons I don't like it.

It's a bit disingenuous to say a lot of people don't understand the sequel trilogy, when you can't even explain why it works for you.

What you see as insanely cool, I see as lazy, Star Wars tropes being poorly reused, giving out WOW moments without having earned them. Ep VIII could have been good, with a few changes in dialogue, character alterations, and a few scene changes. The base was there for a decent SW movie, but they simply didn't follow through with any of it.

I can't understand why Star Wars fans do like it.

I just realized that this thread went right back to debating EP VIII, not discussing anything about IX. Oh well.

I can explain it (I think:D) but I don't want to bore anyone. But thinking about it, has got me all excited for Episode 9!

We don’t even have the title revealed. There were pretty long gaps between the title and first trailer with the previous two IIRC.

Maybe they change the marketing strategy and don't reveal anything until, say, summer, just to avoid countless crazy theories based off a word from the title or 1 trailer split second.

I wonder if Lando will have finally found a new robot to love in Episode 9?

When Lando approaches your cell phone and says “Hello, what have we here?” be afraid...be very afraid.

CA766F5B-52B0-4539-B5C9-38908B8AF808.jpeg

I could see a title reveal coming one of these Wednesdays on the Star Wars Show.

I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Maybe they change the marketing strategy and don't reveal anything until, say, summer, just to avoid countless crazy theories based off a word from the title or 1 trailer split second.

Hehe, sounds plausible. :D

I'll probably be watching this instead (recent pickup. Got it for 10 cents).

View attachment 979119
Nice one! That’s some great stuff to melt brains too! :lol:

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back