Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Why is everyone calling Kylo Ren ‘Ben’, I know that’s what his family named him,.... but his character name is Kylo

J

Now, does this look like the face of a Kylo?

I mean “Kylo” sounds like the name of someone who would murder their own father....

FB27E2DA-8A97-485E-9E30-3122CEAC739C.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s true but nobody calls Vader Anakin in any non-prequel movie.

I just use them interchangeably just cause I see them as one whole character in body and spirit, He may go by Kylo now but hes still Ben at his core, just like Vader was always still Anakin deep down inside despite what everyone save for Luke thought
“I can feel the good in you; the conflict”

Plus ya have clowns like Lucas out there who think they’re somehow separate people in a spiritual sense, which is how we got young Anakin ghost and I’ll tear that down every chance I get because its crap ;)

Last edited:
So just got done watching TLJ. And there's something from that film and TFA that intrigues me about Rey. Rey's parents may be nobodies, but Rey is special. I was reminded how Rey says she's seen the Ahch-to and the Jedi library in dreams. Even Luke declares that "you've seen this place before." In TFA Ben says as he's going through her mind, that he sees the island. Very interesting.

Edit: I didn't realize it at first but this is a pan & scan cut of the teaser. Please refer to Kylash post #4,931 for the correct version.

Last edited:
As much as I REALLY REALLY did not like the whole Leia Poppins thing, to show it in TLJ and no other film doesn't mean that the use of such power is not impossible.

I cannot recall a circumstance in previous films that proved it was otherwise not possible at all among force users.

Personally it looks ridiculous to me, but Star Wars has always suspended disbelief whether in technology or physics. In all fairness it appears to be an untapped power within the force that they're now using. Unless there is a book that tells all powers and limitations of the force I guess I cannot truly argue it's not possible in the Star Wars universe.

Introducing new powers is fine, but that one just strikes me as cartoonish. I can suspend my disbelief pretty far, but there have to be some limitations to what the characters can and cannot do, regardless of their special powers, if only to give death some potency as a storytelling device.

#imclearlysexistracistmysogynistic

:lol:

What's funny is that Legends EU established "cold-shirting" as a Jedi stunt, but it did have limitations of a sort. Stuck on a self-destructing pirate base with no other way to get out/get rescued by Mara and her crew, Luke hurled himself out into the vacuum of space unprotected, but only after he'd put himself into a hibernation trance. Instead of using the Force to somehow survive hard vacuum while still being fully conscious and Force-pulling himself the distance, he just propelled his shut-down body via good ol' inertia and tumbled his way toward Mara's freighter, waking up at the last second when she yelled out a code word. Clever way around the problem; it's still an impressive Jedi feat but done in a way that manages to call out the vulnerability of a meatbag human body without a spacesuit. Hence why it seems a bit too close to "magical" in TLJ. Sure, maybe Leia could have instinctively put herself in a hibernation trance when the bridge blew up and sucked her out, but that would've meant her remaining unconscious floating out in space and someone else would've needed to come intercept her quickly, by that logic. (Even in a deep trance, I can't imagine a Jedi surviving for long out there with zero atmo and zero pressure and full exposure to cosmic radiation.)

The only other way I could see this being pulled in a slightly less ludicrous manner is if - especially if it's a very short distance like what it seems in that split-second teaser clip - a Jedi used the Force to gather an air bubble around themselves before doing the "cold-shirt," aka forming a temporary atmospheric shield. I could suspend my disbelief for that since we've seen Force shielding of sorts previously in the saga, if you squint and extrapolate from things like deflecting blaster bolts.

I mean, I think the crux of it is that Jedi are obviously enhanced characters that can survive a lot of crap most others wouldn't, but the Force shouldn't make them wholly invulnerable or indestructible.

Then again what you are describing, as far fetched as it may be, follows some form of logic that "could" work within context to the story.

I highly doubt jj would even bother addressing it. I still think the whole thing, even in the old EU feels too far out there even for me. It's things like this that pull me right out of the story. It certainly did in 8.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back