Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Post-release)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

What did you think of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?

• Total voters

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Timmythekid

Sr Member
Sooooo....I tried it again yesterday, thinking maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was in the theater. Nope. It maybe one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. What I did get this time that I didn't get the first time was just how badly the world building was bungled in this trilogy. Palpatine is defeated forever (sure...because THIS time is different...because reasons...or raisins...who cares?), the FO is defeated (the might that has occupied the entire galaxy in a matter of days as of last film and a year now is obliterated across the entire GFFA when the Final Order fleet goes 'foom', again, because 'reasons' - don't think about it), and we celebrate by seeing citizens of the galaxy rejoice across all of those fabulously iconic locations from this new trilogy...like....the forest moon of Endor, and, er....Cloud City (where I can only imagine they were rolling their eyes and going 'hooray. whatever. Fool me once with freeing the galaxy, shame on you, fool me twice shame on...Shmi...or something').

Solos blaster

Sr Member
Sooooo....I tried it again yesterday, thinking maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought it was in the theater. Nope. It maybe one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. What I did get this time that I didn't get the first time was just how badly the world building was bungled in this trilogy. Palpatine is defeated forever (sure...because THIS time is different...because reasons...or raisins...who cares?), the FO is defeated (the might that has occupied the entire galaxy in a matter of days as of last film and a year now is obliterated across the entire GFFA when the Final Order fleet goes 'foom', again, because 'reasons' - don't think about it), and we celebrate by seeing citizens of the galaxy rejoice across all of those fabulously iconic locations from this new trilogy...like....the forest moon of Endor, and, er....Cloud City (where I can only imagine they were rolling their eyes and going 'hooray. whatever. Fool me once with freeing the galaxy, shame on you, fool me twice shame on...Shmi...or something').
The whole sequel trilogy was just a poor retelling/rehash of the OT.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Having very low expectations based on the previous film (which I will never watch again) helps one enjoy this one. It isn't "real" Star Wars, but it's enjoyable enough as an official fan film. :)

Having been so completely letdown by Last Jedi I didn't even bother to see this in the theaters. And im kind of glad I didnt because as im sure many others have already mentioned its essentially just ROTJ but bigger, glossier and dumber.

ddspike22

Having very low expectations based on the previous film (which I will never watch again) helps one enjoy this one. It isn't "real" Star Wars, but it's enjoyable enough as an official fan film. :)
Like you I also have no desire to see Last Jedi again, in that regard Rise of Skywalker is marginally better because there was atleast some moments I liked in it.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OH! I gotta say, I loved the look of Threepio's plating in this one. It had more of a 24-karat coloring than it's ever had before.