Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?

• Total voters
I thought he wanted to raise him as a son and specifically asked for an unaltered clone to do so?
It would make sense to best assume that familial relationship for that purpose.

Still not an actual son though versus what they tried to play off in ep9, which made more sense(in tying her to Palpatine), than a failed clone having Rey as a biological daughter.

Some of these were revealed in an early leak and some are definately patchwork.

Finn can use the force and Jannah is Lando’s daughter was leaked.

the it wasn’t a kiss of love is kind of funny given that I think the strongest defenders of the new trilogy are Reylos (thus Disney disappoints their fans yet again).

And yeah, I do think it was stated in the past that JJ and KK did outline some overarching story for the new trilogy at the beginning but that was dumped in the trash (along with Lucas’ original outline) when RJ came on board and wanted to do his own thing which is markedly different as we can see from the plot points JJ wanted to emphasize in 9.

rey palps.jpg

Wait -- what are you talking about?

Palpatine and Snoke clones are so lazy as a storytelling idea and just profoundly stupid...

Have you written yourself into a corner with no creative solutions that reflect quality storytelling? Why, then simply “Send in the Clones...”

AFF6CC4A-3D1D-456E-BF76-36B6B5F1DB9B.jpeg

On a side note, in the Star Wars universe, Palpatine Clones are sold on the back of comic books, like Sea-Monkeys. No kid should be without their tank of Harold Q Palpatine Clones.

2ECFEA35-77DA-4DA0-B66B-F8E4B2ED8778.jpeg

One can also buy the companion pack of Snoke Clones....

Just add water and watch ‘em grow!!

67B3E2FF-74C7-412D-ACE8-F60E2DDF09D0.jpeg

Last edited:
See, I enjoyed this movie, and overall, this trilogy. This is ridiculous, though. I was fine with a lot of it at face value, without the addendums to explain this or that. Since TLJ I've always agreed that the major flaw of this set of films was the lack of a cohesive, intentional story arc. Given that there was no changing that at this point, they could have totally gone with a longer runtime for a "finale" 42 years in the making, and more artfully written this stuff in. The shoehorning of all these details, after the fact, smacks of desperation to please EVERYONE. NOTHING will EVER please EVERYONE.

Again, I liked it enough for what it is, as released, but this has become the Aaron Burr of movies. It's better to be "divisive than indecisive." I can't recall another instance of attempting to damn near re-write a movie, post-release.

It's almost hilarious that the people behind Star Wars are using the clone idea from the books they discarded. Disney trashed the old books and comics for this thrown together story. We shouldn't be surprised since JJ Abrams made a mess of Star Trek. But still no one would think after The Force Awakens that we would get this for a sequel trilogy.

Thankfully I still have those old hardcover books and comics that I enjoyed before all this garbage.

It's almost hilarious that the people behind Star Wars are using the clone idea from the books they discarded. Disney trashed the old books and comics for this thrown together story.
Oh hey! This again! Yay. :sleep: That was a Story Group thing, not a Disney thing. Internal to LFL. Because they didn't have George around, reserving the right to use or ignore anything published. They could put the books and comics on the same level of legitimacy as the films and TV series. But a lot of the old stuff was internally contradictory, didn't mesh with later films, or both. There was no comfortable line of demarcation, and they knew wherever they set it, whatever they opted not to include, it'd be something that thing's ardent fans would object to its omission. So they just turned everything published prior to George's retirement into a grab bag of raw material. A lot of it's already worked its way back in since, in one form or another.

About the only stuff that's outright gone is the post-ROTJ material, and I have no problem with that. Much of it was at least as badly-thought-out as the Sequel Trilogy. And it also meant Our Heroes got zero rest for the next forty years after the Battle of Endor. From having to immediately leap over to Bakura before the embers of the Ewok bonfires had cooled through to Han taking his granddaughter on a trip to reconstruct the history of the Millennium Falcon, there was never a pause in the action. And even then, a lot of the broad strokes of that period have made it in -- from a certain point of view. But still the doing of LFL and the people they hired. Not Disney.

The biggest problem with keeping the old stuff is that people would be pissed when it wasnt' ever referenced - because it couldn't. 90+% of the movie going audience hadn't read a word of it.

And i'm really tired of people being upset they dumped it. You know it was a distinct possibility going in as they said as much with the release of heir to the empire.

Now, with all the clones populating the Star Wars universe, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised if we have yet another clone revealed...

9F2035CD-A422-40DE-8AA4-FA6B54D0A8AC.jpeg

I guess the question shouldn’t be “who is a clone?” in the Star Wars universe, rather, the question is “who isn’t a clone??”.

“No one’s ever REALLY gone.”

Last edited:
Now, with all the clones populating the Star Wars universe, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised if we have yet another clone revealed...

View attachment 1274236

I guess the question shouldn’t be “who is a clone?” in Star Wars, rather, the question is “who isn’t a clone??”.

That's my theory on The Child's lineage. That's why the Imperial remnant is so interested in him, and that may or may not tie into the cloning going on on Exegol. If it does, I'd say it's an attempt to create a body/vessel capable of containing Palpatine's "essence".

View attachment 1274236

I guess the question shouldn’t be “who is a clone?” in the Star Wars universe, rather, the question is “who isn’t a clone??”.

“No one’s ever REALLY gone.”

Thanks to this thread, I now know that children are clones of their parents, so...

I'm not saying he's a clone... but he's a clone.

That's my theory on The Child's lineage. That's why the Imperial remnant is so interested in him, and that may or may not tie into the cloning going on on Exegol. If it does, I'd say it's an attempt to create a body/vessel capable of containing Palpatine's "essence".
Well, someone pointed out in the thread for the Mandalorian that the scientist who was with Werner Herzog looked like he was wearing similar clothes to the cloners from AOTC, but if they use the Mandalorian to try and plug plot holes in TROS I’ll be even more disappointed than I was watching TROS.

Well, someone pointed out in the thread for the Mandalorian that the scientist who was with Werner Herzog looked like he was wearing similar clothes to the cloners from AOTC, but if they use the Mandalorian to try and plug plot holes in TROS I’ll be even more disappointed than I was watching TROS.
I have a feeling that's exactly what will be done. It's one reason I haven't watched the Mando.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back