Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I'm confused why it seems that so many have never heard of the early open concept of theaters showing movies the night before. It's a concept that's been in place for at least the last 15 years.

The original Star Wars (1977) had a showing at midnight the night before the "official opening day" in many theaters in major markets. This has been going on for much-anticipated films for a long time. They insured a fat opening day/weekend by getting plenty of word-of-mouth out there when the big day came.

... I'm useless at work today.... Woke up at 4:30 this morning, I'm not going to get much sleep this week. Luckily, I took the rest of the week off, just going to work on my costume, and Fan Art the rest of the week! Thursday can't get here soon enough...

To confuse even more the official world premiere is later today in Los Angeles ... and the red carpet and other items are streamed live : http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-red-carpet-live-at-starwars-com from 5:30 PM PT ... that's 2:30 AM over here :wacko

Chaim

P.S. Haven't purchased any tickets yet ... they show 3D and 2D ... might go for a 2D ... or wait until I can watch it in IMAX Amsterdam with my brother later this weekend ... which would mean no more internet until then if I don't wanna get spoiled :wacko

Just bought my tickets for Thursday at 8:20!!! I've never bought tickets online before. Such a Luddite. Also, theaters are showing it Thursday but it opens Friday? What's the story with that?

i always print out the receipt and bring the credit card i ordered them with, with my to the theater. I'm over paranoid like that lol

- - - Updated - - -

To confuse even more the official world premiere is later today in Los Angeles ... and the red carpet and other items are streamed live : http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-red-carpet-live-at-starwars-com from 5:30 PM PT ... that's 2:30 AM over here :wacko

Chaim

P.S. Haven't purchased any tickets yet ... they show 3D and 2D ... might go for a 2D ... or wait until I can watch it in IMAX Amsterdam with my brother later this weekend ... which would mean no more internet until then if I don't wanna get spoiled :wacko

im a 2d kinda guy. 3d always make me want to throw up :sick

These "Live streamed events" are often filled with technical suckage. The first few Apple Live broadcasts back in the day when Jobs was doing them were horrible! I wait and see the recorded version of the event when they have had a chance to edit the video. I hope they will post the entire event later.

How much you gotta buy to get 1000 points?

You get about 150-200 points per Blu-Ray. I got a ton of points saved up - over 15,000 - haven't been ordering anything except Marvel 2-sided movie posters, and this the first Star Wars poster that popped up.

I managed to accumulate over 15,000 points because in the past Disney Movie Rewards had a lot of double points promotions, so that's how I managed to get so many. They've been cheaping out in the last couple years though. Haven't had any double points promos in a long time.

The poster is under "New Rewards" not "Star Wars".

Seeing my Facebook flood with 501st friends who were at the premiere describe the movie as "awe-inspiring" and "10/10" is NOT making Thursday come any sooner....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back