Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I still don't think we'll see the Disney logo since its not a Walt Disney Pictures production. Hopefully we'll get the usual Lucasfilm opening

i wonder if we will see a dharma logo somewhere? he hide one in cloverfield
Dharma_Initiative_logo.svg

I will admit that I will miss the 20th Century Fox fanfare. That was as much a part of the intro to a SW movie than anything.

20th Century Fanfare

^ THIS!
But its a small sacrifice to make to get NEW STAR WARS MOVIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought my tickets for Thursday at 8:20!!! I've never bought tickets online before. Such a Luddite. Also, theaters are showing it Thursday but it opens Friday? What's the story with that?

Just bought my tickets for Thursday at 8:20!!! I've never bought tickets online before. Such a Luddite. Also, theaters are showing it Thursday but it opens Friday? What's the story with that?

I'm surprised you were able to get anything. I ordered mine on October 19th and BARELY got the showing I wanted. Got the 17th at 7pm!!! Non IMAX non 3D, regular film.

Tonight I booked tickets today for this Thursday, 10pm, regular 2D screening. Didn't have any problem for our cinema. I don't think any screening is sold out yet. Being the first day of school holidays here, I bet a lot of people will just stroll in on the day for it. Good luck to them!

I'm surprised you were able to get anything. I ordered mine on October 19th and BARELY got the showing I wanted. Got the 17th at 7pm!!! Non IMAX non 3D, regular film.

I picked a kind of crappy small town theater that has a MUCH nicer theater fifteen minutes down the road. I imagine it'll be packed, but the nice theater is prob LONG sold out. (Clever devil, right?) No reserved seats, so it'll be Thunderdome, but whatev. Also no 3D, which is great. I was afraid I was gonna get stuck watching 3D and I hate it.

I'll catch this in a fancy theater once the hype dies. For Thurs I just wanna get in the door :lol

So just wondering, if the Premiere is the 18th, why are theaters showing it on the 17th? And if they are showing it on the 17th, why isn't the 17th the Premiere?

BTW, I have 8pm tickets on the 17th.

Yeah, I totally got confused with these dates. All this time I thought it was the 18th. I even got tickets for the 18th…. but it comes out the 17th???!! (according to the mighty internet, here in Turkey it even comes out the day before on the 16th!)

I'm quite ashamed that I didn't know the correct date despite this being a day I've been dreaming of for decades. Whatever, even if I knew beforehand that it was Thursday, I would have bought for Friday since it's the end of the work week and I can enjoy it without any stress.:)

Yeah, I totally got confused with these dates. All this time I thought it was the 18th. I even got tickets for the 18th…. but it comes out the 17th???!! (according to the mighty internet, here in Turkey it even comes out the day before on the 16th!)

I'm quite ashamed that I didn't know the correct date despite this being a day I've been dreaming of for decades. Whatever, even if I knew beforehand that it was Thursday, I would have bought for Friday since it's the end of the work week and I can enjoy it without any stress.:)

I think all of us are in a daze this week...it doesn't even feel like Monday today, it's just "another day that's not opening day"

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back