Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Saw the trailer, cried at the end seeing Han and Chewie...hadn't seen them together since ROJD. I'm waiting to see that baby in 3-D and IMAX:cool

I'll disagree, here. Between the crashed Star Destroyer and X-Wing, and the crashed Super Star Destroyer, there's a heavy implication something pretty major happened at Jakku, probably a good quarter-century earlier, and I have a feeling it's relevant to the plot and why everyone is there at that point in the film.

On the official site they had a live blog from the SW Battlefront panel. They said that there was a major battle at Jakku right after Endor. So that begs the question what the Alliance brought in, other than a fighter attack, that took down another SSD? I want to see the new Rebel ships!

Oh, those are yummy. I am seriously dorking out over the shots of the Falcon flying into the SSD's engine, and the new Star Destroyer hanging in space. Sad they didn't snag any screengrabs from the X-Wings or Kylo Ren.

--Jonah

Mark just said that the clear lines were taken directly from RotJ but that he also recorded in studio which they used as the reverb. So that answers that question definitively.

Unfortunately, I cannot find the original. I saw it the other day and was going to post it but I did not remember until now and it appears it was taken down. All I can find is the thumbnail. And yes, I know it is a worn out meme.

droids.jpg

Well, at least I already have one replica from the film... that's a Graflex saber if I ever saw one, nice to be rid of the machined lookalike wannabe from Ep3.

Can I wave around my Master Replicas Elite Edition Luke Skywalker lightsaber and say it's the same thing, or must it be the ESB rendition? I'm torn.

Here's something I've been thinking about but haven't seen mentioned. Based purely on the trailers, does anyone else think it is interesting/odd that the First Order/Empire/whatever seem to be using TIE fighters exclusively, and not only that, they appear totally unchanged, barring a black coat of paint and lighter panels? Where are the TIE interceptors or other newer designs? Granted, there is that particular "special" TIE seen blasting other TIEs in the hangar shot but even it seems to be a modification of the standard TIE, with the same general silhouette. It could be a one-off for all we know but time will tell. With the new stormtroopers, X-wings and all, I guess I'm just a bit surprised to see the prevalence of the standard old TIE fighter.

I think its more of a design choice than anything else. they are purposely trying to refresh the franchise with updated designs while giving us more of the "same" so it can be instantly identifiable as Star Wars. I dont care for the prequils, I think the whole design element the clones, ships, and how they tried to blend them into the original trilogy was very forced. they really stretched it in places and took LOTS of liberties.

I'm completely sure from a movie makers point of view that they needed to make the blend with OT, and in a different way than the Prequels.

Yes, mentioned it on his interview last night,.....He said that JJ called him to re-record the lines,......last week when he was just about to get a sneak preview of the teaser, he asked JJ which VO did he use, JJ told him he used both,.....the Original from ROTJ and the new recording as a reverb behind it,.....so there we are,.....listen closely and theres an older Luke

J

So is the inference from the First Order/Resistance stuff that somehow the remnants of the Empire have managed to hang on to control the last 30 years?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back