Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

All I know is,

Jango Fett needs to be questioning his wife about whether other not Boyega trooper really is his clone son...:eek

I need to review the code of conduct again before I can safely reply to this one...
<5 minutes later> Yes. I believe you are correct. He does not look like he is a clone. </majorly racist humor suppressed>

Haha, I totally dig this!

I mean, GL showing NO interest in the new movies? Really?

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/08/george-lucas-says-he-hasnt-seen-the-star-war-the-force-awakens-t/

No, that's not what he said at all and this article is so stupid. He says he doesn't want to see the trailers, he wants to see the film on release. When asked if he has an opinion on what JJ's creative choices might be he said not really. How does that become GL has no interest in the movie? Internet link bait stupidity.

Sounds like he was just brushing off Post anyway. The scene I imagine is he was getting into his car, and the paparazzi shouted out a few questions to him, and he just wanted to get out of there. Certainly nothing in-depth there or anything that can be taken away as serious.

No, that's not what he said at all and this article is so stupid. He says he doesn't want to see the trailers, he wants to see the film on release. When asked if he has an opinion on what JJ's creative choices might be he said not really. How does that become GL has no interest in the movie? Internet link bait stupidity.
No where in the article and its title did they say Lucas has no interest in the movie. How is the article stupid when they quoted exactly what you posted and nothing more? And nor did NY Post say anything to that effect. I don't know what's so link bait about it.

Full Article from Comicbook.com:

According to the New York Post, Star Wars creator George Lucas has yet to see the 88-second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which debuted over Thanksgiving weekend.

“I don’t know anything about it. I haven’t seen it yet,” Lucas tells the Post. As to why, he says “Because it’s not in the movie theater. I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there."

When asked if he was interested to see how director J.J. Abrams handled the new Star Wars movie, Lucas said, “Not Really.” He seems interested enough to see the film though, saying “I plan to see it when it’s released.”

Last edited:
Don't people get he's not involved any more? He's probably welcoming the break. He made Star Wars to hearken back to the old serials of his youth, but done better. Now he's finally got a chance, with it in someone else's capable hands, to be able to enjoy it as a fan and not as the creator -- not as the man who said a quarter-century ago about why there weren't going to be any films after Return of the Jedi that he "didn't want to spend the rest of [his] life doing Star Wars". He loves it, but it's a chore to bring a film to life. One he never really liked outside of the editing booth. He doesn't like writing, he doesn't like directing, he doesn't like having to deal with people or handle all the logistical crap that goes into making a movie. He accepted that drudgery as necessary to get the raw material he wanted in the editing booth, but if he could have done away with the human element altogether, he probably would have.

He trusted the folks he was handing his baby over to to handle it right, and from what I've seen so far with the TFA leaks and teaser and with Rebels... they are.

--Jonah

They are clearly trying to make a sensational headline implying GL has some sort of passive aggressive disdain for the franchise without him.

Even if I had passed the torch to someone else and said I was done with something, I sure as heck would be interested to see what they were doing with my former property.

I'm sure George is just done though. His life has been Star Wars non-stop since it was released.

Wait, Lucas is not involved in Star Wars anymore?! And I read somewhere that he has a passive-aggressive disdain for anything that was done after he handed the reigns over to Disney! Counting down to sensational anti-GL headline starting ... NOW !!!

:p

They are clearly trying to make a sensational headline implying GL has some sort of passive aggressive disdain for the franchise without him.

That's not what I got out of the headline...it was just stating the content of the article. Now you can make a case that the article does that, but the headline seems pretty run of the mill.

That's not what I got out of the headline...it was just stating the content of the article. Now you can make a case that the article does that, but the headline seems pretty run of the mill.

The headline link I saw was "George Lucas doesn't want to see the new Star Wars!" Once you clicked, it was qualified as being the teaser only because he didn't want to be spoiled. So that's why. And if the media could fabricate a story trying to create a self constructed feud between GL and JJ they would do it in a heart beat.

Well, I've long wondered if there was some level of resentment toward how things are being handled that we don't know about yet. Did they scrap his treatment? Have there been decisions made that he didn't like? In regards to the question of curiosity over JJ's take on things, "The movies are in capable hands, I look forward to seeing them, etc." would've been a far more gracious and diplomatic thing to say than "Not really". That could be construed as rude, quite frankly, especially considering he, JJ and KK are supposedly chummy.

Well, I've long wondered if there was some level of resentment toward how things are being handled that we don't know about yet. Did they scrap his treatment? Have there been decisions made that he didn't like? In regards to the question of curiosity over JJ's take on things, "The movies are in capable hands, I look forward to seeing them, etc." would've been a far more gracious and diplomatic thing to say than "Not really". That could be construed as rude, quite frankly, especially considering he, JJ and KK are supposedly chummy.

Almost every time I have heard GL speak, he comes across as incredibly distant. He is not a very charming guy in public. But I do think he has a very close relationship with KK and has expressed a lot of respect for JJ. So I doubt there is any ill will, especially considering he has seen Rebels and really liked the direction of that show as per DF and he can't dislike something he hasn't seen yet. He's not following spoilers and at the end of the day, he told his story and has moved on.

Sounds like GL does have some lazy fair attitude...

I know spell check but you know what I mean

"Laissez-faire". ;) Save that into your spell-check. *heh* It's actually only a politico-economic term for a philosophy that just doesn't work because human nature, but I get what'cha mean. :)

Almost every time I have heard GL speak, he comes across as incredibly distant. He is not a very charming guy in public.

We've known George isn't really a "people person". He gets along okay with close friends, but is uncomfortable with less familiar/close folks.

But I do think he has a very close relationship with KK and has expressed a lot of respect for JJ.

Holy crap -- Star Wars is now being made by the Men In Black!
surprised.png

--Jonah

--Jonah

10 reasons GL won't like the new trilogy.
1. No Jar-Jar
2.No Ewoks
3.No fart jokes
4.No song and dance numbers
5.Han probably DOES shoot first again!
6.Practical effects in heavy use.
7.No green screen stages.
8.Coherent writing/story.
9.No ballerina/dancing Jedi.
10.No special editions.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back