Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

If you go to about the 19:20 mark you can see what she had to say here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gl8psaLu_E

NOW I can see why her part in might be a little less extensive than we might have imagined. Or is this why we get the rumoured flashback with her daughter standing in for her. Time has not been kind to our Carrie ,shes gone to the "far out" side of the Force. Its as if shes channelling the mad cat lady from the Simpsons. If you can take anything from this interview kids, its DON'T DO DRUGS!!!!! Of everything we've learned so far about episode seven this scares,NO IT TERRIFIES me more than anything I 've seen and no wonder Han's ***cked off in the Falcon again. I thought Eddie Izzard did random but Carrie leaves him standing. Craig,beware strange ladies bearing very strange gifts from Myanmara!!!

PS If somebody has to die I know who'd I'd vote for!!!

Last edited:
Lots of actors are loons off camera, but are OK in their roles. Part of being an actor is being a little free (or a LOT free, in Carrie's case) in your "real" life.

Nah... no crazy cat lady there... she was fun and having a good time. She's a smart lady.

Yeah she had a substance problem in the past, but how different would she really look today if she was clean her whole life. Not everyone gets to look hot in their 60's.

I think she'll be great in the flick, there was a moment she smiled in that interview I thought she looks really sweet.

HOWEVER, ha... that voice.... Leia is nowhere in her regular speaking voice, it'll be interesting to hear her talk in the movies.

HOWEVER, ha... that voice.... Leia is nowhere in her regular speaking voice, it'll be interesting to hear her talk in the movies.

Yeah I wonder about that too. 2014 Carrie Fisher's voice is one of the most different things about her compared to the Leia character.

IMO she looks good all things considered. And on a project like SW they will be working-over the whole cast with "CGI cosmetics" in a big way. Its pretty much standard procedure for big movies these days, admitted or not.

I still remember her in "The Blues Brothers", hard to forget with all that weaponry!!! I guess she was on an "upward" mood swing with Craig,but even he looked scared!!! Brilliant writer though, even makes the difficulties shes faced very entertaining and funny . Like I said ages back this is going to be a very bitter sweet experience for some of us, its hard to watch your heros getting old!!!

I still remember her in "The Blues Brothers", hard to forget with all that weaponry!!! I guess she was on an "upward" mood swing with Craig,but even he looked scared!!! Brilliant writer though, even makes the difficulties shes faced very entertaining and funny . Like I said ages back this is going to be a very bitter sweet experience for some of us, its hard to watch your heros getting old!!!

"I waited in celibacy for you." She was great in that scene.

Like I said ages back this is going to be a very bitter sweet experience for some of us, its hard to watch your heros getting old!!!

Hate to break it to you, but you ain't gonna be young and pretty forever either [emoji14]

Sorry, couldn't resist. But yea, I'm used to her voice in interviews and stuff, but it's gonna be weird hearing it in a Star Wars movie.

She looks great!
I rather enjoyed the interview... smart, witty, very charming and right on top of things... she made me laugh out loud!
I'm sure in context with her acting experience, JJ Abram's directing and the dialog written she will fit in perfectly for whatever her place in the film is. Fans dealt with the aging Enterprise crew and they had Shatner directing one of those films :D ) so I think in capable hands our more mature original trilogy actors will be just fine... in context. :)

Hate to break it to you, but you ain't gonna be young and pretty forever either... but it's gonna be weird hearing it in a Star Wars movie.

I think it goes back to exposure. We've all watched Harrison Ford age right before our eyes so seeing him on screen is nothing unfamiliar as it will be seeing Fisher. She's def a powerhouse in the industry but she's been behind the camera for so many years. Seeing an older Hamil sporting the beard and looking like "Old Ben" will be amazing! It's like watching reruns of your favorite TV shows or watching movies over and over - you get used to seeing your favorite actors looking, talking and acting a certain way. When you think of "I Love Lucy" most of us probably think of her in black and white.

With that said... I still can't wait to see the original cast on screen again! It's going to be awesome! :)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Almost 2 weeks later and I still look back on this comment and giggle.
il_fullxfull_146225202.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back