Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I think the flak John Boyega is getting online is disgusting. He clearly is a talent and I welcome his contribution. He's a fan himself, and yea that means a lot.

Wow...if that script is real I had to stop reading because of the spoilers! Sounds good though. And makes sense in a way. Inquisitors would be like relics of an old war as well.

That story sounds awesome. It pretty much jives with all of the other rumors we've heard. And I think the really dark ending that was rumored would fit in with all of that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

After reading the spoilers, I'm wondering if MVS could be playing Kannan? If I'm thinking correctly, he should be about in his mid-60's during TFA. Just a thought.

Who is MVS?

I'd be super up for seeing Kannan.

Max Von Sydow playing Kanan from REBELS. There's supposed to be a connection between the series & the new trilogy.

I misspelled it in the 1st post.

This all has been well vetted already, nothing new here and in fact a bit old and already our of date based on that teaser.

- - - Updated - - -

Max Von Sydow playing Kannan from REBELS. There's supposed to be a connection between the series & the new trilogy

Or a connection to one of the stand alone films. Kanan is the Jedi character in REBELS.

In the old trilogy, there are a few shots like this but the viewpoint is always attached to a flying ship. The camera is never on a ship that does complex maneuvers but is only imaginary.
If there is no ship to put the camera on, the view is more stabilised.

So... there should be an actual ship trailing the falcon if this shot stays in the movie.

I don't see why there would have to be another ship, there's been plenty of movies where a vehicle is being shot from an unseen chase vehicle, this shot isn't all that different except that the "chase vehicle" in this case is virtual and following the Falcon's moves very closely. An easier way to think of this shot is to just imagine that they stuck a giant GoPro on the end of a long rod or pole at the end of the Falcon, and voila, you got the shot!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Von Sydow very well may connect to another project. He is likely the character Ridley and Boyega go to that sets them off on their adventure, at some point in the script with a lightsaber they found but that looks less likely. And he likely is part cyborg.

In the old trilogy, there are a few shots like this but the viewpoint is always attached to a flying ship. The camera is never on a ship that does complex maneuvers but is only imaginary.

If there is no ship to put the camera on, the view is more stabilised.

So... there should be an actual ship trailing the falcon if this shot stays in the movie.

I don't see why there would have to be another ship, there's been plenty of movies where a vehicle is being shot from an unseen chase vehicle, this shot isn't all that different except that the "chase vehicle" in this case is virtual and following the Falcon's moves very closely. An easier way to think of this shot is to just imagine that they stuck a giant GoPro on the end of a long rod or pole at the end of the Falcon, and voila, you got the shot!

After 35+ years it wouldn't kill the SW movies to modernize a little bit. Compared to the shaky-cam crap so prevalent today, this isn't bad.

Would I rather have it 100% like the old movies? Yeah, maybe. But surely we have better things to get worked up about.

I could just see Sydow's character being shrouded in mystery, with hints, but no concrete evidence of who he is. What a great reveal would it be, if in the last episode of REBELS, Kanan is severely injured & the last shot of the series reveals him to be the cyborg we now know from TFA

I am still hopeful that they'll work into the script something like "Hey, do you remember the horrific death of Jar-Jar Binks at the hands of a pack of Tusken Raiders? It's so odd to see them eat someone like they did."

I will forever hold out hope. Or Luke saying something like "Yeah, there used to be this guy that posed as a Jedi. He was really cool when we first met, but he turned into a major tool. I think his was.... Uh, Zazzle Moonbreaker! That's right. That's the guy."

LukeFace_zps42234c54.jpg

The more I hear about that silver stormtrooper the more I like it. That might have to be my first costume build. I sure hope we get a good look in the first full trailer.

I 100% agree.

But I oh soo want it to be real.

It is pretty much an educated guess extrapolated from all the info we've been given...

But I wants it! My PRECIOUS!

(I still hear cumberbatch in the first half of the VO. I can't unhear it!!!)

There's really nothing there that couldn't have been extrapolated from all the concept art, rumors past and present, and/or the trailer. Not saying that none of it is/could be true, just that nobody should be getting their hopes up just yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back