Star Wars Stills - where?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Zenkai, May 18, 2006.

1. Zenkai

Zenkai Well-Known Member

There was a site posted either here or on ASAP where you could buy stills from all 6 films, in sized up to 16 x 20. Does anyone have the link to that site? I lost it. Thanks in advance,

-Nick

2. lonepigeon

lonepigeon Sr Member

3. Gruson

Gruson Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(lonepigeon @ May 18 2006, 06:22 PM) [snapback]1246337[/snapback]</div>
    They have good pics but I really hate the tacky hologram they put on everything.

4. Zenkai

Zenkai Well-Known Member

Thanks, Chris. I forgot to mention how this is relevant to the props forum; the site was originally posted as a resource for the Obi-Wan ANH saber, since there's a rare pic available there of it.

Gruson: how big is this hologram they stamp on there? Where does it appear?

EDIT: I see them now ... that must be new, because those logos did not appear on the thumbnails last time I visited that site.

5. jediscout

jediscout Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

For anyone who's bought one--are the 11x14 pictures that much better than the smaller size?

Is the detail as clear at the larger sizes, or has it just been blown up and gotten a little more grainy?

6. Jumpin Jax

Jumpin Jax Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Zenkai @ May 18 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1246371[/snapback]</div>
    WHich pic and type of saber?
    JJ

7. Gruson

Gruson Well-Known Member

checkout seems to be broke on their site....

8. Zenkai

Zenkai Well-Known Member

Jumpin Jax: This image in 16 x 20 was used to analyze the Obi-Wan ANH Hero version.

9. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(jediscout @ May 18 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1246410[/snapback]</div>
    I'd be very interested in the answer to this question as well.

10. RKW

RKW Sr Member

I recently ordered ten 11"x14" pics and was very disappointed in the quality of most of them. I think they just resized smaller images as most of the details I was hoping to see were all blured. I ordered one of Fett pics and the green colour of the armour was way too bright and bleeding into the grey jump suit. Save your money and get the smaller ones though don't expect sharp photographic images.

11. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Thanks for the review RKW. It's disappointing, but good to know.

12. lonepigeon

lonepigeon Sr Member

I think you'll get better results with larger prequel prints versus classic trilogy. It all depends on the source material.

13. jediscout

jediscout Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks, all. Good points and helped me rethink an order.