Star Wars Credits and Coinage - References and Recreation

Were the props rigid as well, because based on what I've seen I think the props are rigid and the squishiness is just sound effects.

I like the Galactic Credits, they seem about the same thickness as the Imperial Credits, they look like resin and are probably 3D Printed, the edge border is a lot thicker than the official replicas.

Lastly I never noticed the teeny tiny Aurebesh symbols on the back of the New Republic Credits next to the Credit Symbol, I don't think any replica has caught that.
If you're talking about these, I have the tiny Aurebesh symbols on the back of my latest versions. So does Hyperspace Props. I assume they are supposed to be a "mint mark".

Attachments

• IMG_4798.JPG
    IMG_4798.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 58
Lightened it up and removed the blue and knocked down the cyan.
View attachment 1706585
I'm guessing two separate sets of credits were made, one with open sections for Luthen and solid ones for Syril, Has anyone managed to glean the size?, I think I read somewhere that the case Syril gets the credits from is a found prop so if someone knows it they may be able to infer the size from it.

I'm guessing two separate sets of credits were made, one with open sections for Luthen and solid ones for Syril, Has anyone managed to glean the size?, I think I read somewhere that the case Syril gets the credits from is a found prop so if someone knows it they may be able to infer the size from it.
I'm not sure the ones Syril had don't have open sections. It's hard to tell with the lighting.
For the case I found these: Amazon.com
Just add a washer and what looks like the strike plate for a round deadbolt to match what's used in the show.

I'm not sure the ones Syril had don't have open sections. It's hard to tell with the lighting.
For the case I found these: Amazon.com
Just add a washer and what looks like the strike plate for a round deadbolt to match what's used in the show.
That looks like it might be it!

Reason I say about the credits is because the gaps don’t show on the other side unless the back is a separate piece attached on.

I'm updating my Clone Wars Era credit set. This version adds the new #7 credit (printed in bronze) seen in the animated series "The Bad Batch" Season 2 Episode 13 @ 1:38 into the episode (see photo).

All credits have been updated from version 2 to more closely match their animated versions seen in the shows (other photo).

Like all my other credits and coins, they have embedded steel weights to give them some heft, increasing the realism without making them too heavy.

Attachments

• RepublicCreditsV3.mp4
    35.5 MB
  • BadBatchLargeNbr7Credit.jpg
    BadBatchLargeNbr7Credit.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 43
  • RepublicCreditsCloneWars.jpg
    RepublicCreditsCloneWars.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 43
This is the next step in my quest to replicate all the credits and coins in the "Solo" movie (no chak-root or skins! :) ) .
I'm releasing my version of the Large Sabacc Credits seen in the Sabacc card game where Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian (see photo for a scene from the movie and my re-creation with these credits and some other items I've made).

The credits have embedded steel weights to give them considerable *heft*, increasing the realism without making them too heavy.

These are larger and heavier than other credits and coins I've made in accordance with their appearance in the movie.

Attachments

• LargeSoloCredits.mp4
    34.4 MB
  • LargeSoloCreditsScreenGrabSideBySide.jpg
    LargeSoloCreditsScreenGrabSideBySide.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 39
  • LSB 018.JPG
    LSB 018.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
I'm reimagining my original Batuu Spira set into standard buy-in sets of ether 50 or 100 credits:
50 credits> 10 copper, 4 silver, 2 gold
100 credits> 20 copper, 8 silver, 4 gold

These are based on an in-universe "gift card currency" found on Batuu in Galaxy's Edge in the theme parks (see photo of a gift card). By adding denominations on the back, they're better for Sabacc betting.

The credits are double sided (with the denominations on the back) and have embedded steel weights to give them some heft, increasing the realism without making them too heavy.

Attachments

• ParkSpira.jpg
    ParkSpira.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 28
  • BatuuSpiraV2.mp4
    32.6 MB
  • SpiraStack.JPG
    SpiraStack.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • SpiraTopAndBottom.JPG
    SpiraTopAndBottom.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 31
This is the next step in my quest to replicate all the credits and coins in the Solo movie (no chak-root or skins! :) ) .
I'm releasing my version of the Nonagon Vertex coins seen in the Sabacc card game where Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian (see photo).

The coins are double sided and have embedded steel weights to give them some heft, increasing the realism without making them too heavy.

They have stepped edges and face insets with a red colored insert just like in the movie.

The second photo is 2 screen grabs from the movie.

They have stepped edges and face insets just like in the movie. There's another 9-sided coin in the movie, the Crystalline Vertex coin. That has crystals on each side and different decorations around the edge of the top and the bottom. I make that as well (see photo 3)

Attachments

• 9vxCoinsFinal.mp4
    33.7 MB
  • 9vxMerge.jpg
    9vxMerge.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1135.JPG
    IMG_1135.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 28
I think sharing public large auctions like Prop Store are different than an eBay link. Usually it’s a good source for reference and not likely that anyone here will win the auction. The Han ANH scope auction is a very good example. Tons of publicity and discussion before that was auctioned off.

I didn't have any luck searching the PropStore website, but I found it on a website called "Liveauctioneers" by doing a google image search on the photo with the imperial credit with the ruler. Then I clicked on the button at the top of the search that says: [Find Image Source].
Here's the auction listing:
THE MANDALORIAN (2019-2023) - Pair of Credits
Estimate $100-$200
Starting Bid: $100
Auction is live on March 14, 2024

Last edited:
This is the next step in my quest to replicate all the credits and coins in the "Solo" movie (no chak-root or skins! :) ) .
I'm releasing my version of the Medium Sabacc Credits seen in the Sabacc card game where Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian.

The last picture is a collage of photos showing (counterclockwise from the upper left): the prop on a poster, in the movie, in the "Solo" Visual Guide and at an exhibit at Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in Orlando, FL.

The credits have embedded steel weights to give them considerable *heft*, increasing the realism without making them too heavy.

Attachments

• MedSoloCreditsFinal.mp4
    33.8 MB
  • CompositePropPicture.jpg
    CompositePropPicture.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 21
  • MediumSoloCredits.JPG
    MediumSoloCredits.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 26
I've finally made all of the eleven different kinds of coins & credits seen in the Star Wars movie "Solo: A Star Wars Story" in the infamous Sabacc card game where Han Solo won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian.
No chak-root or skins! :lol:
So put them together into a 100-credit buy-in set with:
20 "one-credit" copper/bronze coin or credit
8 "five-credit" silver coin or credit
4 "ten-credit" gold coin or credit
The coins & credits have embedded steel weights to give them some *heft*, making them more realistic. They're magnetic!
The last 5 photos are from the "Solo" Visual Guide, posters, and screen grabs from the movie showing the coins & credits.

Attachments

• LSCMandoCoinCH_CyanVertex.JPG
    LSCMandoCoinCH_CyanVertex.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 7coinRedVertexRecOctoImpCredit.JPG
    7coinRedVertexRecOctoImpCredit.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • CompositePoster.jpg
    CompositePoster.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 10
  • MSCCyanVertexRedVertexOctoVertex7CoinMandoCoinImpCredit.JPG
    MSCCyanVertexRedVertexOctoVertex7CoinMandoCoinImpCredit.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • SabaccGameExample.JPG
    SabaccGameExample.JPG
    689.2 KB · Views: 17
  • SoloSabaccSetExample.JPG
    SoloSabaccSetExample.JPG
    599.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SoloSabaccSetFinaCaptionl.mp4
    43.6 MB
  • 9vxImpCreditCyanVertexOctoVertex.jpg
    9vxImpCreditCyanVertexOctoVertex.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 14

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back