Star Wars Card Games and others

Hey all. I did a clarification to that rule mentioned by Mara Jade's Father to make it clearer. I understand what you mean that the second option in the gain phase is really rather a swap than a gain, but this action is described as an option of the "gain" choice in the GE rulebook, so I've left it that way since that's how they grouped it. You still gain a card, you just have the option to discard one first. In that rulebook "swap" only refers to the option of trading your card for the known card on top of the discard pile. I could see how wording and classification preferences could come up here, for clarity's sake, but I did do a small rewrite to make it quite clear that only one option of the two can be chosen there. At least I think despite the arbitrary grouping it will now at least be clear what exact actions can be taken, so gameplay is the same.

Google drive link: Corellian Spike Sabacc Rules.pdf

Or download it below.

Hope y'all are enjoying Sabacc, whichever way you play it!

Attachments

• Corellian Spike Sabacc Rules.pdf
    594.1 KB · Views: 1,127
Hello

I've recently purchased the GE Sabacc set and I really like most of the rules you've put in place, but I have noticed a couple things that you may still want to change or look deeper into possibly. First the "Gain" action, in the rulebook it clearly states to first draw a card and either keep it or discard if you so choose before replacing that card as stated above. The reason for this is in the name "Gain" you are adding a card to your deck no matter what when picking this option, hence the name Gain, you cannot swap when taking this action.

When referencing canon with the "Lowest Integer" rule and also watching the film, the hand that Han wins the Falcon with is in fact a lower Integer hand than Lando's. Lando had a +10 -10 +6 -6 while Han had a +8 -8 +5 -5

Landos Hand

Lando.PNG

Hans Hand

Han.PNG

Last edited:
Hoya, I saw a custom Spike deck someone made that had a blue and tan theme, but I can't see it anywhere.
Can someone help me find it? With the advent of the latest ep of The Mandalorian there are now canon different colour themed decks (at least card backs) and I'd love a deck for my mando kit that isnt clearly off the set of Solo lmao

Hoya, I saw a custom Spike deck someone made that had a blue and tan theme, but I can't see it anywhere.
Can someone help me find it? With the advent of the latest ep of The Mandalorian there are now canon different colour themed decks (at least card backs) and I'd love a deck for my mando kit that isnt clearly off the set of Solo lmao

I remember seeing the first image attached, but it was not a full deck.

The second image I posted is a full deck that was posted way back when on this forum.

Attachments

• Republic.jpg
    Republic.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 506
  • SabaccCards_V2_Finished.jpg
    SabaccCards_V2_Finished.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 1,288
Naw that's not them, the colours match kinda closely to the shirt design (I think they were inspired by that), presented like the second pic. I adore the dark blue one but I rly like the two colour style. I think I have it on my pc but I'm not home rn

Naw that's not them, the colours match kinda closely to the shirt design (I think they were inspired by that), presented like the second pic. I adore the dark blue one but I rly like the two colour style. I think I have it on my pc but I'm not home rn

Oh, gotcha. The only other thing I am aware of is this very early picture (first one) that is in a similar layout to the second pic.
I also found a post on page 12 that made custom tan/blue cards based on a poster, which are attached as well.
But if you get a chance and find the ones you are thinking of, I'd love to see them!

Attachments

• Sabacc Deck Prototypes.jpg
    Sabacc Deck Prototypes.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 785
  • card5.jpg
    card5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 397
  • card4.jpg
    card4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 338
  • card2.jpg
    card2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 337
  • card3.jpg
    card3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 314
  • card1.jpg
    card1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
I made the custom "blue" set, printed a deck for myself and left it at that. Still working on the most accurate Sabacc deck yet, with correct texture, but jobs and life keep getting in the way... Plus with the rerun of the first sabacc deck made here and the interest on that australian etsy seller that never ships I kinda lost interest in doing a run TBH.
But I can print you out a blue set on decent card stock though, send me a pm.
Or we could make a pit droid's set, like attached pic. Should be fairly easy; from what I see it's just changing the color scheme on the back and slightly modifying the green sylop. That would fit your Mando set better ;)
mando_sabacc_ref.jpg

I made the custom "blue" set, printed a deck for myself and left it at that. Still working on the most accurate Sabacc deck yet, with correct texture, but jobs and life keep getting in the way... Plus with the rerun of the first sabacc deck made here and the interest on that australian etsy seller that never ships I kinda lost interest in doing a run TBH.
Or we could make a pit droid's set, like attached pic. Should be fairly easy; from what I see it's just changing the color scheme on the back and slightly modifying the green sylop. That would fit your Mando set better ;)
View attachment 1089939
That set would be rad tbh, tho I have my stupid heart set on this tan and blue one I can't find lmao
I just got back on my computer, gimme a min and I'll have another trawl

EDIT: Found it...on the StarWarsSabacc subreddit
Link'd for the sake of crediting the maker, and if people wanna make 'em

Attachments

• KVj0dkk - Imgur.png
    KVj0dkk - Imgur.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,282
Last edited:
View attachment 1089939
View attachment 1089939

Where can you get a custom set printed?

That set would be rad tbh, tho I have my stupid heart set on this tan and blue one I can't find lmao
I just got back on my computer, gimme a min and I'll have another trawl

EDIT: Found it...on the StarWarsSabacc subreddit
Link'd for the sake of crediting the maker, and if people wanna make 'em
My bad then, those I didn't make. I though you were talking about these
Looks like we both copied the same color scheme from the designbyhuman's Solo poster series.

Where can you get a custom set printed?
I printed mine at a local print so I could select the cardboard stock and laminate. Cut them myself with a lasercut stencil. I still occasionally make a deck or two for friends and family.

This is an alternative way to get them printed, although you'll have to cut the hexagonal shape yourself and the bridge size is way too small to be accurate

Hope y'all are enjoying Sabacc, whichever way you play it!

I have found an interesting Rulebook published by "La Tribune de Coruscant" that I found to be very clear and interesting to play. You can find this rulebook by downloading it from here: Sabacc - Corellian Spike Rulebook. I found it on Youtube when I watched their gameplay video: HOW TO PLAY SABACC CORELLIAN SPIKE (New Version) - The Coruscant Tribune. There are links to their resources and to other information in the comments of the video.

Last edited:
Lucky Sylop on Etsy has a lot of stuff. The cards look like the Solo Store cards. I wonder if it is the same guy and he keeps having to change his store. I just got my deck in last night and they feel like they are going to handle extremely well!

Lucky Sylop on Etsy has a lot of stuff. The cards look like the Solo Store cards. I wonder if it is the same guy and he keeps having to change his store. I just got my deck in last night and they feel like they are going to handle extremely well!

I was one of the lucky few who actually received my deck from the SoloStore.
The products by LuckySylop definitely look a bit different and include a wider variety.
Thank you Byroson89 for giving us that lead!
I may just order a few things from there!
(And yeah, that Sylop looks pretty sad...)

Speaking of variants, has anyone reproduced the one that came with the WEG RPG book Crisis on Cloud City?
Crisis on Cloud City.jpg

Also, did anyone create a TRULY accurate replica of the Anaheim Celebration deck? I've seen examples floating around, but none of them are 100% accurate.

Tried my best to remake the craps-style game from Star Wars Resistance Season 2 Episode 9. No name yet etc. Matt Martin said he thinks Pablo Hildalgo advised.

Attachments

• Artboard 1.png
    Artboard 1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 268
  • Annotation 2020-04-16 161907.png
    Annotation 2020-04-16 161907.png
    815.3 KB · Views: 186
  • Annotation 2020-04-16 162000.png
    Annotation 2020-04-16 162000.png
    788.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Annotation 2020-04-16 163228.png
    Annotation 2020-04-16 163228.png
    930 KB · Views: 224
I remember seeing the first image attached, but it was not a full deck.

The second image I posted is a full deck that was posted way back when on this forum.
If anyone is interested in the Vector file of the blue deck, just write a PM to me. I also made a version closer to the one seen in SOLO

Another thing: Does someone have a full Celebration Anaheim deck of Sabacc? I asked this question a few years (damn) ago, but wasn't lucky enough back then. Maybe now someone is here who has one at home. Would love to recreate that

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back