Star Wars Card Games and others

The material used for the stones reminds me of those quartz countertops, maybe they are carved from that?...

It would be nice to scale the cards from the real block measurements, instead of the other way around, and settle for a measure for the cards!
Here's what I've got so far:
cards are at 115x70mm without the holder and the right perspective is hard to get, but starting from 16mm dice I've come up with:
I'ld say I must add 5mm to A and C

And has anyony an idea where to get those beads/stones?

Thanks!
View attachment 942732

Not sure yet, but I might be on to something...

oS5B8cO.jpg

These are Lapis Lazuli gemstones (additional search terms: "freeform faceted")
But the ones I've been able to find so far are all a bit small (around 20mm diameter).
color and shape are still quite close imo...

Any other ideas?

..additional search terms: "freeform faceted"

Good research (y)
Adding "blue", "purple", "resin" and/or "nuggets" to the search shows more stones like that and larger ones too.
By now nothing what I'd consider 'close enough', but definitely a good start!
Thanks Muddler!

I was not able to find any close enough stones for this project :(
So my fallback option was to do them out of Fimo (Super Sculpey).
Here's what came out so far.

IMG_1058.JPG

The material used for the stones reminds me of those quartz countertops, maybe they are carved from that?...

It would be nice to scale the cards from the real block measurements, instead of the other way around, and settle for a measure for the cards!
Here's what I've got so far:
cards are at 115x70mm without the holder and the right perspective is hard to get, but starting from 16mm dice I've come up with:
I'ld say I must add 5mm to A and C

Very cool. Are you going to put the other hole on the block as well? Or do you think (like I do) that it was originally going to be where the end of the rail was going to go?

Nice!! I assume you're going to cast those and make copies in colored resin? or just paint over?
Thanks (y) A paint job will have to do. Casting them in resin will be a little expensive and elaborate.
And although I worked with resin before I have no experiences with colouring it.

Very cool. Are you going to put the other hole on the block as well? Or do you think (like I do) that it was originally going to be where the end of the rail was going to go?
I think I will drill that additional hole (even if it was originally made by mistake :D)

I had to put this away for a while because of work, but I've being redoing the whole deck's graphics for the design by humans poster style, did a print test yesterday to check colors and though I could share...
all graphics I've done from screen grabs and my intent is to make them as screen accurate as possible, so (as it's actually just a matter of changing colors) I went ahead and did a regular version (as seen in the film) too, to check color and varying types and degrees of "weathering"
I'm not quite there yet, still have to work on some proportions and the weathering style, depth and resolution, plus I'm still deciding the best way of embossing the texture, as seen here:
solo-star-wars-story-props-hollywood-studios-launch-bay-06022018-40-jpg.jpg

and other minor details... but hey, I might finally get these done! : D
I'm still deciding which colors to use for the back of the DBH style deck, if you guys have any ideas they're very welcome!

Those seem sturdy, that plastic material will sure last a long time, but did they changed the graphics for copyright issues or something? cause they are way off. Nice to add dice tho

They didn't change the artwork. It's been off from the beginning ...
Seems like they just did a color correction and used better material.
Still looking forward to a review of this new version.

Alright folks. Got some super inside info for y’all. Disney is going to be selling a new Corellian Spike Sabacc deck that is designed for 8 players. No Star Wars branding on the cards like the Solo Card Game. There is a logo on the back, but it’s themed for where they are being sold. The rules included have some big modifications from the SCG rules that definitely make hitting 0 harder in my opinion. They also have a ton of different winning hand names and combos. And this was probably all developed by Lucasfilm. I will probably post pics of the cards and rules later. They currently aren’t available to the general public, but the joys of work perks allowed me to get a deck and have a proper giggle of delight. Plus the come in a nice box and include dice. I’ll post more after a certain event on May 31.

Alright folks. Got some super inside info for y’all. Disney is going to be selling a new Corellian Spike Sabacc deck that is designed for 8 players. No Star Wars branding on the cards like the Solo Card Game. There is a logo on the back, but it’s themed for where they are being sold. The rules included have some big modifications from the SCG rules that definitely make hitting 0 harder in my opinion. They also have a ton of different winning hand names and combos. And this was probably all developed by Lucasfilm. I will probably post pics of the cards and rules later. They currently aren’t available to the general public, but the joys of work perks allowed me to get a deck and have a proper giggle of delight. Plus the come in a nice box and include dice. I’ll post more after a certain event on May 31.

Are you talking about the set shown at Celebration?

dise-on-display-at-star-wars-celebration-chicago-8.png

Last edited:
The only issue I have is that the cards do not have their own box but no real big deal as I’m sure someone here or Etsy will come up with one.

The other thing is if your looking for a Solo replica, the cards have a logo on the design. So it’s more of an in world deck rather than a deck you has seen on screen.

Last edited:
I was able to order a set of the linen cards from the Solo store right before they were shut down. I was told from the owner that he will still ship them out to me. It looks like his linen set is far better than the first one he did, and no logo imprinted on the back of his deck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back