Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

That’s gotta be the worst!! I remember when ep7 was coming out and the visual dictionary was released a week before.. it was so hard not to open that book until I got home from the premier
Yeah I'm kinda mixed, I'm gutted I cannot just dive in and look at it, but it's great knowing it here and I'll be able to count down the days and my excitement will grow with each of those passing days :)

that "+" sign large piece on the ear of that helmet sculpt looks SO familiar! Have we seen that before?

Might be a bit pedantic, but I think that's a bit of a misdirection to say that one was made to match another. They were both made to resemble the Obi-Hero and both were just worn and used over time. It just got a semi-dedicated clamp/card assembly for RotJ. I don't think anyone made a conscious decision after ANH to do anything to match continuity in the later films regarding the V2 and V3. It getting a clamp to resemble the V2 would probably be the only decision ever made close to it.

See: multiple ugly props that were given the "meh, good enough" look alike confirmation :)

Can someone ELI5 as to how some of the older photos from the late seventies can be so sharp and detailed? I don't quite understand photo restoration and I'm amazed at some of the detail in the ESB shots, unless they were already that clear..

Yup! Hey! Where have you been buddy!!?!? ;) haven’t seen ya in awhile!

V3 was dressed to closely match the v2 for RoTJ(all they added was a clamp and circuit board)

I know! it’s been a hectic year and haven’t been able to spend nearly as much time as I’d like here. But, things are easing up a bit now, so hoping to be around more again.

Thanks for the clarification. That explains some of my confusion on some V2 images that may have beeen a dressed V3. This just reminds me how much I love this group. Happy holidays all!

In post 160, the ESB pics of Hamill and Prowse duelling in regular clothes and the blue picture of the same, are those the ANH bladed stunts? No bunny ears, no holes that I can tell. Sorry if its a noob question.

They are
In post 160, the ESB pics of Hamill and Prowse duelling in regular clothes and the blue picture of the same, are those the ANH bladed stunts? No bunny ears, no holes that I can tell. Sorry if its a noob question.

The Luke stunt was this metal tube (with an endcap I guess) that used to have a switch poking out in between the grips. the motor was mounted inside it. The "Barbican" saber, if you've seen pictures, was a 1st attempt at Vaders, but eventually they put black paint on the tip of Luke's that you see there, and Vader used it too.

Looks like the Shared Stunt and Luke's stunt. I made one in the same fashion (before they gutted it for fencing practice)

Here's a photo from Scottjua and my empty pipe version. I've since re-made the tube, so it looks a bit different today. On set it was a very exact.... 45 degree angle with a blunted tip. I first tried to replicate the graflex flash, and then realized they didn't care.

IMG_0906.jpg ANHStunt1.jpg ANHstunt2.jpg

Thanks! I played with the idea of adding black paint on the top, but after realizing that I don't even have an endcap so there's something big we must be missing about that, thinking it's just a pipe

That was the whole point of my question. I am building one and if in this picture and to a lesser extent the blue scene, Hamill is using the ANH motorized bladed stunt, then that is the first time I've seen the bottom of the tube. I think thats what you just confirmed. It looks like the bottom has a hole in an endcap.

46792948_1992494814175832_7732076344195940352_o.jpg

esb.jpg

there are many pictures still without coming to light, some time ago I found in a forum of figures this image of the actor of the SnowwCommander and I have not seen it anywhere else, I still expect there to be a photo of Sebastian Shaw with Jedi robes.
thumbnail_Snowtrooper_Ian_Liston.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back