Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

Right!? We've heard there was more than one though right? With different neck colors?

We've heard there were multiples. the color thing came from the different rotj sabers in general.

for contrast, the picture from far away with the wind blowing and saber pointing down shows a very brassy neck. cant find that picture.

The resolution is to iffy to tell. Not saying it isn't wires, but I also can't say for sure if it is.

I'm pretty sure the MPP hero and stunts are two separate sabers. The MPP stunt has missing grips. The wires detail could have been added-- just hard to tell with Vader's grip being so high.

There is a white wire on that side of the mmp and I can clearly see the ends of the t track right above Anderson's bottom hand. When the hilt is standing the white wire is on the right side and to me the white spot is positioned right to be the white wire. I have not seen anything that suggests it isn't the hero.

There is a white wire on that side of the mmp and I can clearly see the ends of the t track right above Anderson's bottom hand. When the hilt is standing the white wire is on the right side and to me the white spot is positioned right to be the white wire. I have not seen anything that suggests it isn't the hero.

I don't think it's the hero because across the board the belt-hangers and stunts are always separate props, save for the V2 becoming a hero, but even then, it was always swapped for the Yuma or V3 once the blade was active.

I'd buy them adding the wire detail to a stunt saber before having a hero and stunt pull double duty.

I'm not saying you're not seeing wires, they very well could be. I'm just not 100%, and I doubt it's the hero.

I don't think it's the hero because across the board the belt-hangers and stunts are always separate props, save for the V2 becoming a hero, but even then, it was always swapped for the Yuma or V3 once the blade was active.

I'd buy them adding the wire detail to a stunt saber before having a hero and stunt pull double duty.

I'm not saying you're not seeing wires, they very well could be. I'm just not 100%, and I doubt it's the hero.

Then what about the t tracks? If it were to be a stunt there would be no t tracks as evident in esb. I see black stripes with chrome between them above the lower hand. That is clearly t tracks.

We all know the props were not handled very well at all and are all mixed together in the Archives to this day. I don't see why they would pay attention to what was used just for vaders lightsaber at this point in the game.

For the guys saying this book wasn’t worth it, holy heck I’m in my glory!!

6701C5AC-9FD2-4C8D-B669-BACB77861929.jpeg

Then what about the t tracks? If it were to be a stunt there would be no t tracks as evident in esb. I see black stripes with chrome between them above the lower hand. That is clearly t tracks.

We all know the props were not handled very well at all and are all mixed together in the Archives to this day. I don't see why they would pay attention to what was used just for vaders lightsaber at this point in the game.

Dude, relax. I'm not challenging your word, I've said repeatedly you could be right. I just like corroborating evidence. One low res photo has led us astray before. Stop trying to make it into a debate.

The MPP stunt is almost always obscured save for the shroud. We have the one pic (below) and I think there is one grip on it, over the belt on the 3 o'clock side, and there could be more on the back. I don't know for sure-- again, low res.

Also, we have high res pics of the ESB/ROTJ hero and you can see the MPP guts are still in place. They'd be removed if it were holding a duelling blade, so again, I don't see a hero and a stunt doing double duty.

But that does not preclude a stunt MPP having wires or t-track.

Attachments

• C2542F8C-DADB-4007-AE61-368F57FD1689.jpeg
    C2542F8C-DADB-4007-AE61-368F57FD1689.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Dude, relax. I'm not challenging your word, I've said repeatedly you could be right. I just like corroborating evidence. One low res photo has led us astray before. Stop trying to make it into a debate.

The MPP stunt is almost always obscured save for the shroud. We have the one pic (below) and I think there is one grip on it, over the belt on the 3 o'clock side, and there could be more on the back. I don't know for sure-- again, low res.

Also, we have high res pics of the ESB/ROTJ hero and you can see the MPP guts are still in place. They'd be removed if it were holding a duelling blade, so again, I don't see a hero and a stunt doing double duty.

Defiantly 1 track in the picture, and I’m on board with stunts are stunts and hero’s are hero’s.. no mix and matching

Another way to look at this is.. stunts stay stunts because of time..

This is why the v2 Had it’s blade hacked sawed off so cruedly.. if they were in the practice of switching belt hangers to stunts, they would just remove the blades

This is why the v2 remains the belt hanger and v3 is the dueling stunt

Same thing with the graflex stunts.. I think there is only 1 occasion where a stunt graflex was used as a belt hanger.. but I can’t 100% confirm.. and it’s so far away I don’t know what I’m actually seeing.. a bolt head, or swamp muck...

Granted in theory yes! They could have switched this stuff around, problem is it takes too much time...

Time is a HUGE element in the movie industry..

I don't want to argue. I was debating all in good fun. I have not done it in a while.

But I freeze framed rotj a lot and see grips all over thr flash. It could have been a stunt all dressed up to look like the hero.

Again I was not arguing or trying to prove you wrong. I was just debating and noting all of the features seen on the hero that were absent on the esb stunt. Sometimes my mind can be set on certain things. I have aspergers and thats a trait of it.

But im sorry if I annoyed you in any way. I was just trying to debate.

I will say that we have pounds of evidence that once a prop was rigged for fighting it either stayed that way or stayed permanently altered. You have to drill bolts into the side of a flash to anchor it the way they did. The Hero that Propstore now owns would have holes and damage all over it. Great ideas though, you're right, they usually scrapped the T track in ESB. Maybe they cared more haha

For the guys saying this book wasn’t worth it, holy heck I’m in my glory!!

View attachment 964754

It's the ESB fighting stunt with the snipped bunny ears!!!! I think they had to access a set screw or something in the rigging. I've seen that in the main duel and on Hoth.

I will say that we have pounds of evidence that once a prop was rigged for fighting it either stayed that way or stayed permanently altered. You have to drill bolts into the side of a flash to anchor it the way they did. The Hero that Propstore now owns would have holes and damage all over it. Great ideas though, you're right, they usually scrapped the T track in ESB. Maybe they cared more haha

It's the ESB fighting stunt with the snipped bunny ears!!!! I think they had to access a set screw or something in the rigging. I've seen that in the main duel and on Hoth.

I have to check my records, I thought there was a stunt on dagobah used as a belt hanger. Never seen on screen, but in a promo photo. Had a DV6 Vader bolt near the side socket of the graflex

Whats with pics,guys?Royal Guard,Vaders...some really new and interesting pics in this new book?All pics I´ve seen are good...but nothing really new.

Nothing new with Royal guards. Some Vader shots were new to me, but I’m not a Vader expert. I’m sure many of them were already out there.

I do have something new I will be posting in just a bit. It’s a “new” lightsaber.

So, I missed this during my first flip through of the book, but apparently the Holiday saber was also an ESB saber. It was used in an insert where Luke unclips himself from the cable while hanging under the AT-AT. You can’t see it onscreen, but it’s there as a confirmed ESB production used belt hanger!

Attachments

• AE259149-5DAB-45B6-9986-5041C3421A79.jpeg
    AE259149-5DAB-45B6-9986-5041C3421A79.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 238
  • F7D6E6D8-BBA2-4B88-8572-FA3C57884944.jpeg
    F7D6E6D8-BBA2-4B88-8572-FA3C57884944.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 242
That's a 2 cell right? Looks like the top "spoon" section is not there. Must have been removed after the holiday special..? . Is that a solo blaster i see in there?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back