Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

Where are these from? I've never seen them before :O

what, the pile pictures of the Teecrooz posted or the bottom of the graflex pictures?

the ones teecrooz posted are from the new archives book you can grab on amazon. and the bottom of the graflex pictures i imagine are from starwarsscreencaps.com

Scratch that, noticed teecrooz posted the correct locations

Last edited:
It’s unused footage that was in a DVD documentary, Empire of Dreams. Luke even flips over the d-ring. Doesn’t look centered to me which is why I always tell people not to drill their flashes.

Go to the 54:40 mark:

Dang so close... maybe one day..

Holy crap, thanks teecrooz !

A lot of things to see/say...

The big ones being all the color ROTJ duel pics that show it is in fact the V3 (there's been debate).

Great shot of the MPP stunt in ROTJ.

But mostly-- I'm curious about this one:

80bd8535-0d50-48b1-9f7b-231e42dad1af-jpeg.jpg

I know that's the severed hand gag saber-- the fat base and cone knobs in the sockets give it away. But what is going on in the glass eye socket? On the other pics we have of this prop it's empty and shows the inner core. But in this shot it almost looks like a tire valve like the ROTJ Vader MoM. Trick of the light?

Also, on this one of the aforementioned MPP stunt:

06a691e7-e66d-4449-8c82-c50566e5a468-jpeg.jpg

Is the other one the V3? What are those black ares I am seeing around the grip area?

double post

Attachments

• 80bd8535-0d50-48b1-9f7b-231e42dad1af-jpeg.jpg
    80bd8535-0d50-48b1-9f7b-231e42dad1af-jpeg.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 154
  • 06a691e7-e66d-4449-8c82-c50566e5a468-jpeg.jpg
    06a691e7-e66d-4449-8c82-c50566e5a468-jpeg.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 158
Now which one is this...this the Yuma? Does anyone else see something going on with the neck?

View attachment 964311

After looking at the other pics, I believe this is the v3 with its long lost nip!

I'm confused by this one-- because the neck paint job doesn't look like the V3. We can see pretty clear now in the ROTJ duel pics it's a solid copper. And I swear I can see the overlap of the gaffer's tape-- but that certainly isn't the V2 emitter face is it?

View attachment 964276 View attachment 964277 View attachment 964278 View attachment 964279 View attachment 964280 View attachment 964281 Got mine!

Here are some quick highlights for saber folk. These were just quick pics. I’m sure nicer scans will be done by someone else, but my scanner is broken.

My favorite is the V2.

Only crap that last picture with luke and vader dueling the mmp is clear enough to prove and set in stone it was in rotj and used in the duel. I think its the hero since I see wires!

Only crap that last picture with luke and vader dueling the mmp is clear enough to prove and set in stone it was in rotj and used in the duel. I think its the hero since I see wires!

We've had photo proof of that for a bit... both the hero, and the MPP stunt-- but this is a great new angle of it for any doubters.

Not sure I see wires though...

Last edited:
Yuma - are we sure it's copper?

Shared Stunt in the Vader duel - looks like the black booster has a clean strip taken off. gaffer tape?

hand saber - it does look a lot like the tire valve, but whatever it was was shallow and glued in. and the hole in the center look more like a depression

Are we doing copper vs bronze again!? :)

And I don't think either the V2 or V3 had a solid black booster at that point, right?

Last edited:
I'm confused by this one-- because the neck paint job doesn't look like the V3. We can see pretty clear now in the ROTJ duel pics it's a solid copper. And I swear I can see the overlap of the gaffer's tape-- but that certainly isn't the V2 emitter face is it?

I should have edited my post, at first quick glance I thought it was the Yuma because of the nipple

I didn’t think the v3 had a nipple, but now we have a much clearer shot of Luke over Vader in the throne room and sure enough it still has the nipple

When Luke is fighting the speeder, you am clearly see him ignite the v2, then when he swipes the windvane is a much more orange look

I figured it was the v3 they used to swipe, sure enough this picture now proves it

And proves it has a nipple

I too wonder what’s going on with the neck and if they tried and to use gaffers tape.. but now thinking.. I think it’s just a illusion because they have been using it as a stunt for so long, if the grub screws weren’t holding it back then, they would have used tape back then as well..

Then what is that white spot under the shroud?

The resolution is to iffy to tell. Not saying it isn't wires, but I also can't say for sure if it is.

I'm pretty sure the MPP hero and stunts are two separate sabers. The MPP stunt has missing grips. The wires detail could have been added-- just hard to tell with Vader's grip being so high.

Sorry Seth, you were talking about the throne room v3. I got confused.

the new yuma pictures look much darker and now im confused again :D

Sorry Seth, you were talking about the throne room v3. I got confused.

the new yuma pictures look much darker and now im confused again :D

Right!? We've heard there was more than one though right? With different neck colors?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back