Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

Even Lucas was guilty of making nonsensical changes, so I'm not suggesting he's exempt from criticism. No story is perfect, but continuity is key to telling a good story. Some are just more egregious with the changes than others.

Ok I sure how they redo those AK based blaster rifles. They barely made any changes to those. It took me right out of the SW universe. That's just lazy as heck.
Personally, I wouldn't have used them period. AKs have a unique and famous profile that would require heavy modification to hide. Like the Enfield stock that was cut down to be turned into the Jawa blaster. At that point you might as well sculpt a whole new blaster (though with the first movie it was more of a money saving thing). I always felt that more obscure firearms and BB guns worked better as a base for blaster building.

Yeah, I mean, if the AK weren’t so universally recognizable, it would be a good candidate for a SW blaster because it has a distinctive old-fashioned feel, but it simply is too immediately obvious. I felt the same way seeing the unmistakable G36 stock on the Resistance blasters in the ST, took me right out of it.

That is one issue that I have with “sci-fi” guns. The production either uses a stock Famas or P90, and if not those, then they don’t change an AR/AK platform enough.

The BSG reboot, when it went to strait off the shelf weapons, that was when I stopped watching. I'm wondering if the lack of work on the AK's for Andor has anything to do with weapons modification regulations in the UK.

Ok I sure how they redo those AK based blaster rifles. They barely made any changes to those. It took me right out of the SW universe. That's just lazy as heck.

Then it might upset you to know they've been using modified AK's since ROTJ.

Then it might upset you to know they've been using modified AK's since ROTJ.

Except that one they actually put some work into to disguise it and didn't use the distinctive magazine. In this show they look like they didn't do much of anything to them to disguise them.

For me it was the long banana mags that soured the look. Unless they’re slug throwers which might be interesting to see in the hands of a partisan force.

That is interesting. However, it could become very similar to "Lost".

That was a lot of Stellan Skarsgård in the trailer.
But he is listed on IMDB for only one episode

Last edited:
Those opening scenes in the trailer look a lot like Kattegat from Vikings.

I feel that Cassian is largely absent from a lot of the trailer - perhaps a more appropriate title would have simply been "Rebellion"?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back