Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

I know nothing of the show but what are the odds there will be a major turn in a character where they lose everything for not doing the right thing at a critical moment. Such as Andor not offing someone in a time of fight or flight. Because the first person he interacts with in R1 he offs without hesitantion instead of allowing him to be captured.

There seems to be an AK based rifle in the trailer. There were designs of a cut down and moifed AK receiver based pistol done for EP7. Wonder if that will appear as some prior designs related to it showed up in R1.
I assume that Mon Mothma is going to be “bad” and Andor doesn’t take an opportunity to kill her. And we are supposed to feel a sudden realization that the Empire is bringing order to the galaxy and the Rebels see chaos and never establish order, generally.

Oh wait, that’s how I already view it.

I'm fine with new stuff being introduced in place of the old EU or commonly held "preconceived notions"... but it has to be as good or better than what it replaces. In many/most instances, I'm not seeing that being the case, at least as far as I'm concerned. When preconceived notions or old canon is deemed better by an individual (in whatever capacity) than the new canon that's introduced, it's not so surprising that individual may otherwise get upset when it gets steamrolled by an inferior (in their mind) concept, whatever that may be. For me being a fan is caring about the material and wanting it to be the best it can be, and that bar is different for everyone. To suggest someone isn't a true fan because they're not gobbling down something that's being offered up or don't like the direction something is taking... is of course ridiculous.

The problem with that argument is that you imply it’s a fact that others do not enjoy or find value in other Star Wars such as the prequels, sequels, anthologies, animated, and non-animated series. Your opinion is not fact.

I can fully understand that everyone has their opinions and they have well thought out discussion points as to why. My big pet peeve is that a lot of people do not judge the project on what it is, but on what it wasn’t, such as about a certain character, or a certain era, or because a certain company owns a certain studio, etc… So it brings me back to this thread topic…. How can there be so much distain for a series that has yet to air?

Last edited:
The problem with that argument is that you imply it’s a fact that others do not enjoy or find value in other Star Wars such as the prequels, sequels, anthologies, animated, and non-animated series. Your opinion is not fact.

I can fully understand that everyone has their opinions and they have well thought out discussion points as to why. My big pet peeve is that a lot of people do not judge the project on what it but on what it wasn’t, such as about a certain character, or a certain era, or because a certain company owns a certain studio, etc… So it brings me back to this thread topic…. How can there be so much distain for a series that has yet to air?
Where is the disdain? All i've seen is FANS having a difference of opinion. The only disdain i've seen on here is your disdain for real people whom you believe, aren't real fans because they don't fall head over heels for the concept that Andor is worthy of a show. If FANS didn't like him in Rogue One or didn't believe he was intriguing enough then, what makes you think they should be doing jumping jacks that Star Wars used a bunch of time and money(the fans money paying them) to do a series on a character they just plain do not like? Whether it has been aired or not, it doesn't matter if the protagonist is not exciting to a FAN.

I liked the Smurfs as a kid. I could not stand Brainy Smurf. If they decided to do a spin off called The Tales of Brainy Smurf then i would never have watched it...thankfully they didn't. If they did do it, it wouldn't change my view of Smurfs overall. I believe you are a fan of Star Wars. Despite our disagreement i would never say that you aren't a fan. Don't sit here and try to accuse and rob people of that as if your viewpoint is somehow superior to that of anothers. No matter how much you try to convince us to try Green Eggs and Ham, we do not like them Sam I am. None of us who do not like the character of Andor or think they shouldn't devote a series to him are going to wake up one day and have an epiphany that makes us believe..."You know what...he's really cool". The series itself may be well thought out, well cast, well directed and so forth and may be very good, but again, i don't care if it's the best series of all time...it's not going to keep my interest if the protagonist doesn't intrigue me. He may intrigue you and i'd be happy for you if that were the case.

None of us who do not like the character of Andor or think they shouldn't devote a series to him are going to wake up one day and have an epiphany that makes us believe..."You know what...he's really cool". The series itself may be well thought out, well cast, well directed and so forth and may be very good, but again, i don't care if it's the best series of all time...it's not going to keep my interest if the protagonist doesn't intrigue me.

Copper, you know you & I agree on most things, but this statement right here pretty much proves MJF's point

Fandom isn't defined by loving every offering. There's different material to cater to different demographics within these communities. Asking questions or making observations isn't tantamount to blasphemy. There's nothing wrong with loving anything and everything Star Wars. There's equally nothing wrong with only liking some Star Wars. Telling other fans that they aren't "real fans" or that they are "narrowminded" is a form of gatekeeping that exposes the level of distain some fans feel towards their peers which is something I really don't understand. I may not agree with someone else's perspective but I wouldn't want them to feel unwelcome in these spaces. I've heard it said in the past that a fan like me doesn't have ownership over this series, well that works both ways. Just because someone loves anything with that logo on it, it doesn't give that person ownership of Star Wars either.

Last edited:
Copper, you know you & I agree on most things, but this statement right here pretty much proves MJF's point
It doesn't prove his point at all. His point is "Disdain" which none of us have, and that anyone who disagree's is not a real fan. I know it must be real hard for someone to believe that someone else would have the audacity to not agree with their superior viewpoint. In other words, get over yourself! This forum has a place for people with opposing viewpoints whether you like it or not and NEWSFLASH...WE ARE ALL STILL FANS. If the RPF is going to be about who is a real fan and who isn't then it's missed the mark. I'm just not going to sit back and let accussations fly about who is a real fan and who isn't. Next thing is probably A Star Wars Censorship Committee that gets to define for all of us who is real and who is fake . Sound familiar? Order 66. They will start hunting everybody and anybody that refuses to bow to whatever Disney throws out to the public and define them is "not real fans".

And as far as this notion that one group is a minority to the other, whatever way the pendulum may swing, creates an "Us vs Them" which i'm not going to do in this community or anywhere else for that matter. Just because you believe as you do concerning new material, EU, OT, ST or whatever doesn't mean you or anyone else gets to play the victim and claim minority status on their viewpoint. WE ARE ALL FANS!! That is my point...that is not his point. Let's make that clear.

I just erased the 3 paragraphs I wrote, because it probably would be accused of being a 'gatekeeper' of the forum.

I see where it's all headed & I hate it, but I'm not going to be able to have a conversation or express my thoughts without being placed on a 'side'.

Just rock on with what you like or don't.

I understand your viewpoint, Usagi. It does seem self-defeating to say we wouldn't be interested in a show that ended up being well-executed. My outlook is this...setting aside my opinions on the execution of Rogue One, I didn't think it worked as a concept; that concept being a "gritty Star Wars" movie. As we know, Star Wars was conceived as a classic good vs evil tale with the lines between the two clearly defined. Rogue One took the approach of blurring those lines. It worked for some, didn't work for others. It also had a very dreary aesthetic which again worked for some, didn't work for others. Watching the trailer, it looks to be more of the same. For someone like myself, regardless of how well acted, directed, written, etc., the show is, it just can't work for me because it isn't in line with what I believe Star Wars is. I mean I wouldn't have even realized it was a Star Wars show if not for that shot of the Imperial officers. Add in that I didn't think Rogue One was a good movie irrespective of Star Wars and the show becomes a no go for me. Does that make sense?

Anyway, whether we agree or not, I always enjoy reading your thoughts and conversing with you. You're a classy dude(y). At the end of the day, we shouldn't be hung up on proving each other "right" or "wrong". We give our thoughts and leave it at that. Cheers!

I understand your viewpoint, Usagi. It does seem self-defeating to say we wouldn't be interested in a show that ended up being well-executed. My outlook is this...setting aside my opinions on the execution of Rogue One, I didn't think it worked as a concept; that concept being a "gritty Star Wars" movie. As we know, Star Wars was conceived as a classic good vs evil tale with the lines between the two clearly defined. Rogue One took the approach of blurring those lines. It worked for some, didn't work for others. It also had a very dreary aesthetic which again worked for some, didn't work for others. Watching the trailer, it looks to be more of the same. For someone like myself, regardless of how well acted, directed, written, etc., the show is, it just can't work for me because it isn't in line with what I believe Star Wars is. I mean I wouldn't have even realized it was a Star Wars show if not for that shot of the Imperial officers. Add in that I didn't think Rogue One was a good movie irrespective of Star Wars and the show becomes a no go for me. Does that make sense?

Anyway, whether we agree or not, I always enjoy reading your thoughts and conversing with you. You're a classy dude(y). At the end of the day, we shouldn't be hung up on proving each other "right" or "wrong". We give our thoughts and leave it at that. Cheers!
Thank you

How can there be so much distain for a series that has yet to air?
I see my question above was just ignored. That’s usually what happens when there is no good answer.

Opinion by definition is not fact.

Yes, I knew that which is what I was trying to say. I am just surprised that you knew that because it seems as if you were unaware of that concept.

No one here is seriously upset about this show. Just positing ideas about what may happen.
Is that an opinion or fact? Are you really inside the head of everyone here that you can speak for their true intention? Really not sure you do get the concept.

I see my question above was just ignored. That’s usually what happens when there is no good answer.

Yes, I knew that which is what I was trying to say. I am just surprised that you knew that because it seems as if you were unaware of that concept.

Is that an opinion or fact? Are you really inside the head of everyone here that you can speak for their true intention? Really not sure you do get the concept.
Your condescending replies are duly noted. Stay classy Mara Jade's Father.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back