Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

Whoa is that a briar pistol?!

View attachment 1615193
Definitely inspired by it I would say.

In the current continuity the Bryar looks like this.
Screenshot_20220908-224258.png

In Jedi Outcast/Academy
Screenshot_20220908-224402.png

Dark Forces II
Screenshot_20220908-224439.png

And Dark Forces
Screenshot_20220908-224551.png

The ETs have been here. How d'you know Humans weren't taken to the GFFA by one of those ancient alien races, say, fifty to a hundred thousand years ago? A la Stargate. Heck, maybe several of the sapient species in that Star Wars universe were brought from elsewhere as slave labor, too. And, as those ancient empires collapsed, we were all left to fend for ourselves.

Definitely inspired by it I would say.

And Dark ForcesView attachment 1615253

IMO, that book cover version is the best version. Someone on here worked on Jedi Knight and said they were going to post pictures of the actual prop years ago, but never posted them. I'd still like to see what the actual rifle/carbine looked like because the EU canon said it was a cut down rifle or carbine.

IMO, that book cover version is the best version. Someone on here worked on Jedi Knight and said they were going to post pictures of the actual prop years ago, but never posted them. I'd still like to see what the actual rifle/carbine looked like because the EU canon said it was a cut down rifle or carbine.
I don’t know man I think it’s origin look’s like a pistol.

View attachment 1615250
That's the model from EA's Battlefront game. Definitely inspired by the STG-44 I would say.

In the old EU, the blaster pistol had been made by cutting down a Bryar Rifle. That, and with the slow rate of fire and heavy inaccurate bolt, I'd think the real-world inspiration could have been a sawed-off shotgun.

You think I'm kidding. Wait until you see the latest TV spot. It's basically a Rogue One trailer with a few new shots. What a joke. It came across my YouTube feed and out of morbid curiosity I clicked on it.

I saw that shot and I burst into laughter. You have this show being promoted as a gritty, mature Star Wars show full of espionage and political intrigue, meant for adults and then you see a ship with a double bladed lightsaber taking out a few other ships and it struck me as hilarious. Pick a lane.

It's as though they forgot they were writing a Star Wars story. Tone is key here. Political drama mixed with revolution, brick walls, AK-47's, and.... lightsaber ships. This isn't my fight anymore and hasn't been for years so I'm not really upset so much as perplexed..

For all it's seeming potential it will be undercut by misused tropes to remind you you're watching a Star Wars show. I just find it funny.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back