Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

There is literally a prop macguffin in one of these D+ SW shows based on a ice-cream maker a random extra carried in the background of a shot that lasted likely less than three seconds. If there’s anywhere it’s acceptable to complain about lackluster prop design it should be on the Replica Prop Forum.

Trailer looks awesome, 12 episodes AND a 2nd season! Oh man these props are getting torn apart from people, imagine a crew so lazy they make a magic energy sword from camera pieces and still leave the logos on

Trailer looks awesome, 12 episodes AND a 2nd season! Oh man these props are getting torn apart from people, imagine a crew so lazy they make a magic energy sword from camera pieces and still leave the logos on
To be fair, nobody could see the logos until 4K home release. :p

The AK is anachronistic for me too, but I’m hoping we’ll learn that it’s an actual ballistic slug thrower rifle, and not a blaster per se.

As someone who likes Mando, slogged through BOBF, and dropped Kenobi after 4 episodes, this has me super interested and I’ve just watched Rogue One after seeing the trailer.

Someone mentioned the Hoth blaster, and that one and the Endor rifle are recognizable, but they have enough detail added to make it look interesting. Not to mention that AKs have been used in SW before (I know one is in ROTJ), but they are modified, so you would have to look to find them. You can't unsee them once you know, but they look Star Wars-y.

CT1138 Sluis Van Shipyards
Yeah...that [almost] straight-up AK is extremely disappointing. Even a straight mag - or no mag - or minor mods - would have made a difference, but they didn't even bother.

View attachment 1603946
You mean like how they used straight up, barely modified MG-24s and Lewis guns in the OT. And how Luke's blaster in the Empire was a barely modified C96, sort of like Han's which (despite the scope) is still distinctively a C96.

Besides, if you really look at this gun, you'll see that it's more MP40 than AK. to me, it looks like the receiver of an MP40 with the barrel and gas piston of an AK platform.

Nothing says escapist entertainment like a heavy dose of real world politics (y) .
Heavier dose.

You mean like how they used straight up, barely modified MG-24s and Lewis guns in the OT. And how Luke's blaster in the Empire was a barely modified C96, sort of like Han's which (despite the scope) is still distinctively a C96.
I get it. MG42s and Mausers.
The thing is, even back in 77, very few of these were still in use, or appeared in movies.

But the AK appeared in a gazillion movies, and is still widely used today. In movies and in real life. Heck, I walked out of the corner store earlier today as 2 guys ran in with AKs. At least they were wearing masks. Covid numbers a rising, so it's better to be safe.

Star Wars never was, and never should, be allegorical. If that were so, it would never have become a hit the world over and cut across all ages and cultures. In fact it's broad imagery and creative use of universal themes is why it's endured to this day. That optimistic spirit of hope has been missing from these stories for a long time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back