Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

Forgot about cal kestis, Disney needed more money so I guess the hell with it, every padawan is the last one
Depending on how you look at it, every surviving Padawan could be the last one. It's all a matter of perspective. You have to figure that there were probably enough padawans out there that not even Yoda knows who they all are. So, from a certain perspective every surviving Padawan is the last one because as far as any given Jedi might know, that is the last surviving padawan. It's like if something catastrophic happens and everyone in the city you live in disappeared/died and there's no phone or internet service, you would naturally think that you're probably the last human alive, but little do you know that there's a survivor in the city or two over who thinks that they're the last surviving human on Earth.

Last edited:
I suppose you could split hairs and say padawans aren’t technically true “Jedi” yet. Even when Luke tells Yoda “then I am a Jedi”, Yoda literally laughs at him and essentially says “nope, not so fast”. So that’d imply that padawans are not technically considered Jedi yet, at least in Yoda’s eyes.

I suppose you could split hairs and say padawans aren’t technically true “Jedi” yet. Even when Luke tells Yoda “then I am a Jedi”, Yoda literally laughs at him and essentially says “nope, not so fast”. So that’d imply that padawans are not technically considered Jedi yet, at least in Yoda’s eyes.
I've said as much whenever people talk about how many "Jedi" survived Order 66. Both Kanan and Ahsoka were Padawans at the time of Order 66 therefore technically not Jedi. But at the same time, I think that it's fair to say that there are Padwan and then there are Padawan. Some are very new and are barely more than Younglings. Then there are the ones like Kanan and Ahsoka while technically still Padawans, they are at the end of their time as Padawans and are more like novice Jedi.

I've said as much whenever people talk about how many "Jedi" survived Order 66. Both Kanan and Ahsoka were Padawans at the time of Order 66 therefore technically not Jedi. But at the same time, I think that it's fair to say that there are Padwan and then there are Padawan. Some are very new and are barely more than Younglings. Then there are the ones like Kanan and Ahsoka while technically still Padawans, they are at the end of their time as Padawans and are more like novice Jedi.
Yeah, “advanced” padawans are basically Jedi in all but name. They have def introduced some grey areas to fudge around in, for better or worse.

I’ve said it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again, Dawson hasn’t done anything for me as this character that Eckstein couldn’t have. People want to argue the experienced actor angle but Ahsoka has been little more than window dressing in her appearances so far. It genuinely dulls my excitement for a project like this.

Look, I’m pretty sure my general distaste towards Filoni is reaching the status of legend on these forums. But if there were any show where it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest to let Filoni get everything he wants and celebrate everything he’s created, it would be this. I can’t understand getting hung up on a show centered around a character someone created looking like a show they’re making.

As for the castings, both real and up in the air, I still don’t like Dawson. I’ve never cared for Ahsoka, but she definitely was a distinct and individual character. Dawson’s stale performance in Mando and BOBF, as well as the accompanying writing, make her out to be the same bland stoic cardboard cutout as every other Jedi. You’d think I’d like them taking the character in a different direction, but I’d actually rather have her closer to the cartoons in this case.

And Mary Elizabeth Winstead?! Ramona Flowers as Hera?! What are you all smoking?! Also learned today she’s married to Ewan McGregor. Huh.

Anyway, get back to it. Just wanted to chime in—I genuinely and sincerely hope that this show pleases its audience, as I have no quarrel with people liking Filoni’s stuff—I just want some Star Wars that doesn’t have his fingerprints all over it someday.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back