Star Trek TOS Tri-Viewer is DONE!!

Re: Star Trek TOS Tri-Viewer WIP.

Nice! Are you planning to put some sort of actual viewer, cheap pc tablet or dvd player in it?

Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can give a few more details. I'm producing this piece for the web series "Star Trek Continues" which stars a couple members of the RPF, Vic Mignogna and Grant Imahara. I'm not including any working screens on this piece as they would simply comp that stuff in during post-production.

I just made a blog post about the status, though it's a little out of date. Here's the most recent picture:

star%2Btrek%2Btri%2Bviewer.jpg

It's all painted, and you can see that I installed the bevel under the upper ledge. That was the last piece of building that needed to be done. What this picture does not show is the attached base.

As soon as I get a pic of the finished piece, I will post it.

Huge thanks to everyone in this thread who contributed. I appreciate your support!

Re: Star Trek TOS Tri-Viewer WIP.

I fell behind on blogging, but just got back on my feet. The tri-viewer is DONE, and ready for delivery to the set of Star Trek Continues. Here's the final piece, with a graphic I made quickly slid into place, just to show how cool it is :D

10.jpg

For some more detail, and a write up of how I made the blue border, here's the most recent blog post:

The Project Workbench: Star Trek TOS Tri-Viewer Is Finished

Well, I finished my working tri-viewer for use at the computer club I belong to. Everyone had to stretch their neck to see a single monitor at the end of the table. Now this can sit in the middle of the table. Three 15" 4:3 vga monitors, a 3-way vga splitter, one monitor has sound. Yeah, I know, it is not an exact scale model of the ST-TOS tri-viewer. 15" screens instead of 9".
Z
I used elements of the one in Enterprise, the pedestal and the floating cover on top, so it is an "interim" model between the two shows. And the best I could do with my modest woodworking skills. Thanks to Matt Munson. Looked up "Tri Viewer" on the 'net, found his blog, and inspiration to do this project.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back