Star Trek TOS--The best replica boots available

As a owner of a few pair of Fryes the leather they use as well as that boot is all wrong for a TOS Boot.

Also, if you are going to drop that much cash on some Fryes you might as well just get some custom made Durans

I've done searches on Amazon for 'Ladies Riding Boots' and there are some that come fairly close with that stressed, glove leather look. Just need to translate women's sizes to men's.

https://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-...5051617&sr=8-161&keywords=ladies+riding+boots

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am looking for a pair of these. I know about Motor Cowboys offerings -

Motorcowboy - Search Results for "star trek"

Are these the best option out there for quality- accuracy- price?

Has anyone bought them and have a review?? The season one versions look a bit off? Am I wrong.

Thanks!
Just so you're aware, typical laced military boots like those used in the Marine Corps are also acceptable and are Canon to the series. You will see that Kirk wears them in a few episodes, and notably when fighting the Gorn in season 1 episode 19 "Arena."

I'm going to try to attach a picture from my television, but the camera image is not as good as the picture on my screen. If you go to the episode and check it out yourself, it's right around 27:16 into the episode 2 that you get a really clear look.
20200320_121429.jpg

Apologies if this has been asked before. I am looking for a pair of these. I know about Motor Cowboys offerings -

Motorcowboy - Search Results for "star trek"

Are these the best option out there for quality- accuracy- price?

Has anyone bought them and have a review?? The season one versions look a bit off? Am I wrong.

Thanks!

Not to die-hard fans they are.

The wrestling boots were only worn in 2 episodes iirc

Just so you're aware, typical laced military boots like those used in the Marine Corps are also acceptable and are Canon to the series. You will see that Kirk wears them in a few episodes, and notably when fighting the Gorn in season 1 episode 19 "Arena."

Not to die-hard fans they are.

The wrestling boots were only worn in 2 episodes iirc
Well, I've been watching the show since 66 have some more money into props and costume in than most people do on new cars, so I would consider myself a die-hard fan, but call it what you would like. Just because something isn't seem very often doesn't mean that it's not part of the show. Yeah, maybe it was used in only two episodes, but it makes sense that they would try different uniform items from time to time and that's what one would assume when they saw those items on a character. When I was in the military we often tried different things under the auspices of our various Commanders, so, yeah, they might not be the most common boots but that doesn't mean it's not good to see the variant from time to time. Just my opinion.

No worries, I can only call it like I have personally witnessed

Been watching it as well although I was very young in 66 when it first came out, and been working Trek Cons from from 1975 until 2001, and buying and selling replicas as well as Screen-Used Props and Costumes from the show as well.

So needless to say I have seen A LOT of fans, THOUSANDS of them, at these and NONE were wearing those boots.

Hell back in the day a lot of us did’nt even catch that Shatners boots were different in those scenes, due to the terrain not being “Cuban Heel” friendly and when it was found out nobody opted for those boots, which I personally would have thought would have been cool, but hey that’s just me.

I used to sell Next Gen uniforms wearing only the Top, and British Drill shorts, “Gurkha” on and boots so much so that a lot of fans came around and said THAT would be a cool “Desert Issue” Uniform, as well as sometimes wearing my Screen- Used Colonial Warrior Battle Dress to which I or people would say “Wrong Franchise” so its all good!

Well, I've been watching the show since 66 have some more money into props and costume in than most people do on new cars, so I would consider myself a die-hard fan, but call it what you would like. Just because something isn't seem very often doesn't mean that it's not part of the show. Yeah, maybe it was used in only two episodes, but it makes sense that they would try different uniform items from time to time and that's what one would assume when they saw those items on a character. When I was in the military we often tried different things under the auspices of our various Commanders, so, yeah, they might not be the most common boots but that doesn't mean it's not good to see the variant from time to time. Just my opinion.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back