Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Yeah, no.

And I’m sure Rod has no financial stake whatsoever in this series, or any kind vested interest in how it appears in the media. No, no, no.
At least he's watched it before opening his mouth.

Yeah, no.

And I’m sure Rod has no financial stake whatsoever in this series, or any kind vested interest in how it appears in the media. No, no, no.
Never mind the bags of money he's hiding behind his back. At least with Bill Shatner, he actually had something to contribute to Star Trek.

(Not to mention he's actually been to space.)

I bet about now the peanut gallery is having a crying fit.

I don't watch. I know better.
Little things leak through though.
Guy with big hair is holding a phaser... an ENERGY weapon like it's a contemporary firearm with heavy recoil. The whole grip is how we hold firearms today, thumbs forward, all that. They don't think.

Guy with big hair is holding a phaser... an ENERGY weapon like it's a contemporary firearm with heavy recoil. The whole grip is how we hold firearms today, thumbs forward, all that. They don't think.
Seeing it throw him back about 10 feet or so would be hilarious!

As is tradition.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 10.33.43 PM.png

Maybe that Kirk.
Using two hands doesn't bother me as much as long as they aren't bracing for recoil.
Steadying is one thing.

The big hair guy was using the both thumbs forward method which is big time
about getting the most purchase on the frame as high as possible but not on the moving slide to reduce
muzzle flip and get back on target after the recoil pulse.

I think on TOS it was all one handed. Dear God I don't think they even aimed much.
Even the little hand phaser was used like a TV clicker. LOL

Last edited:
Oh, and I celebrated so-called “STAR TREK Day” by watching THE WRATH OF KHAN in the theater with friends, rather than wasting my life on CBS/Paramount livestreams or announcements of lame new projects.

Although, apparently, Nick Meyer’s Khan prequel is being done as an audio drama, which actually sounds neat. But, if Kurtzman and the usual gang of idiots are involved, it’s probably a nonstarter. We’ll see.

Happy Birthday to the real STAR TREK, and Hopeful Deathday to the wretchedness which continues to try and replace it.

How'd that prediction work out?

Pretty prescient, as it turns out. Any more questions?

And here’s the most relevant paragraph:
Chapek’s ouster comes on the heels of a third-quarter earnings report that spooked Wall Street as spending on content and marketing for Disney’s direct-to-consumer platforms hit its projected peak of $1.5 billion in fiscal 2022. Even though the Disney had previously guided Wall Street to losses of that scale, and even as Disney+ posted subscriber growth for the quarter, the river of red-ink still took a toll on Disney’s stock price. Shares fell well below the $100 mark, to $90, on Nov. 9, the day after Disney’s after-market earnings report.

We can only hope Paramount is next…

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back