Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Was looking to find the little 8” 1:2500 scale Enterprise model from Discovery. Very happy I didn’t as I see this is coming out.

I think I am getting old. I do not get it. Absolutely not. Kelvin-Timeline, okay, but ship designs? Enterprise redesigned? How are they going to fix all that or is that just ignored? Urgh. I must say that I did enjoy DSC season 2, but mainly because of Pike. I liked the retro uniform designs et all, but old geezer me has a hard time to accept the updated E.

I think I am getting old. I do not get it. Absolutely not. Kelvin-Timeline, okay, but ship designs? Enterprise redesigned? How are they going to fix all that or is that just ignored?
Yup. Ignored/handwaved. Note the episide with the Talosians. The whole "previousl on Star Trek" opening with footage from "The Cage" of Jeff Hunter, et al. The writers maintain that it is totally the same universe as TOS, and any differences are due to updated production standards, and not at all because they thought they could improve on the ship/set/prop/uniform designs. I don't know how much truth there is to the "25% different" requirement story, but I do feel like, whatever the reason, they're deliberately making it different and gaslighting the audience that it's totally the same -- we just have better TVs now. :rolleyes:

I'm hopeful since I liked the stuff with Pike and Spock in STD but because who is responsible for the show I'm not expecting anything more than we already got with STD and Picard.

How to put this... Maybe cooking and ingredients?

When a chef burns steak black and covers it with ketchup on Monday. Then serves chicken raw on Tuesday.

Then tells me he's making sushi on Wednesday...

As much as I normally love sushi, my hopes are not high for what he's about to create.

That's how I feel about Star Trek now. The ingredients might be good, but with that cook it isn't going to matter.

This team has not only proven that they have no knowledge or understanding of Star Trek, but they are completely inept at the most basic factors of story telling. And even if they do try to make something more true to Trek, these are still the same writers that had sonar and shooting stars in space.

This team has not only proven that they have no knowledge or understanding of Star Trek, but they are completely inept at the most basic factors of story telling. And even if they do try to make something more true to Trek, these are still the same writers that had sonar and shooting stars in space.

And horribly designed Klingons, and Klingon “time crystals“ and Discovery’s time slip space warp maneuver and brooding, and F bombs.....

You’re right, there is nothing to really get excited about.

Stewart promised that Picard, while not being TNG, would have the same heart as it’s predecessor, and we see what we got.

Does CBS have Rick Berman’s number?

No denying this creative team has shown to be lacking. But, they got something right with Pike and the Enterprise in Discovery, because even people who hate the show liked that part of season 2. So, as I said, I'm looking forward to seeing what they deliver. If it sucks, it sucks. But I'm still hopeful. And I don't think it's funny or sad to hope to enjoy a new Star Trek show, despite the problems with Picard, there were some moments in there that I enjoyed.

That's neat. Wow, they really scaled the Enterprise up though. 18" at that scale puts the show ship at 1500 feet.

They did design a decent looking ship despite the odd thing off (to me) about it. I'd like this model.

I have one on order from a local hobby shop (Why pay shipping?) The Discovery at that scale would be, what, 27" long?

I have one on order from a local hobby shop (Why pay shipping?) The Discovery at that scale would be, what, 27" long?
At 1:1000, the Discovery would be 29½" long. Round2 is supposed to have one at that scale out at some point in the not-too-distant future. The Enterprise herself from that show is about 1.5 times the size of the TOS original. The Discovery is actually longer than a Soveriegn-class starship at 750.5m long.

At 1:1000, the Discovery would be 29½" long. Round2 is supposed to have one at that scale out at some point in the not-too-distant future. The Enterprise herself from that show is about 1.5 times the size of the TOS original. The Discovery is actually longer than a Soveriegn-class starship at 750.5m long.

Would love to see the giant pizza, that the Discovery pizza cutter is supposed to be used for :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back