Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

View attachment 1595679

My thoughts on the season finale…

The “My Good Buddy Chris, The Ship’s Chef” schtick is getting tiresome. I realize that they have to make use of the gigantic Colorado Ski Lodge Set they use as Pike’s quarters but does he have to cook and wash dishes in nearly every show? I guess it’s become the substitute of what used to be the setting for conversations in the Captain’s Ready Room but it’s the casual sitcom kitchen schtick that is growing old…

View attachment 1595680

….eventually, Flo is going to show up to Pike’s Diner and demand that the officers “kiss my grits!”

View attachment 1595729
The actor playing Kirk is HORRIBLY miscast. This guy has none of the physicality and charisma of William Shatner. The appropriate actor chosen to play Kirk, at a minimum, should be a match for Anson Mount’s Pike.

This guy would be a more appropriate recast of Wesley Crusher, or Lt. Kevin Riley, but certainly NOT James T Kirk.

View attachment 1595681

But—something tells me that it was intentional not to make Kirk an equal to Pike.
you nailed it. Lt. Kevin Riley.

you nailed it. Lt. Kevin Riley.
Yep…

E5C72D97-B71E-4F64-AF84-7B639AF08453.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, since the Memory Alpha "explanation" is that this episode is basically "Balance of Terror" shifted due to Pike's trying to alter his future (yeah, it's BS, I know), they could always say "Kirk was altered due to the change in time".

I'd rather they actually cast a Kirk who looked and acted like TOS Kirk instead of the strange love child of Jim Carrey and Bruce Campbell.

Star Dreck, indeed. Now Stranger Things, OTOH, there’s a show. This season was fantastic. Paramount should hire the Duffer Brothers and fire Kurtzman, Goldsman, the whole bunch of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back