Star Trek props that are no longer fiction

Re: Star Trek props that are longer fiction

"The visions we offer our children shape the future. It matters what those visions are. Often they become self-fulfilling prophecies. Dreams are maps." -Sagan

I'l love to have a full functional Holo-Deck...

Of course, once I program if for ASU's Girl's Lockerroom, I'd never leave...

I'l love to have a full functional Holo-Deck...

Of course, once I program if for ASU's Girl's Lockerroom, I'd never leave...

I don't remember who said it, but someone once said that the day we invent holodecks and self-recycling power is the day the human race ceases to exsist.

I agree with it - if you have a holodeck and power, you don't need anything else. You could truly live any life you wanted.

The one thing that I would love to see invented would be the Replicator. Seriously think about it, you could eat your favorite things and instead of eating the real thing you would have a perfect blend of all your necessary vitamins and nutrients. Come one how could you say no to that!!!
You could argue that the Start trek communicators already exist Look at cell phone technology you can contact nearly anyone at any given time at any given place. That and not to mention but with nearly all current cell phones can be tracked to essentially sort one person out of millions.

Last edited:
Cell phones are reliant upon a vast network of towers, landlines, switchboards and satellites. Star Trek’s communicator is a small device with a vast range. It operates several kilometers beneath the ground of a planet. It has a universal translator. It uses subspace frequencies that allow transmissions to travel faster than light… which we aren’t even close to developing and don’t even know if such technology is possible.

Exactly. Star Trek communicators are essentially compact, long-range walkie-talkies. The only thing in common with cell phones is that there is a flip cover that protects the buttons.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back