Star Trek: Picard

It occurred to me today that there was one thing I liked about this series ! That they went back to the original series look for Romulans, and got rid of the heavy ridge brows and Mr. Spock haircuts.

Frankly I would love to see some TOS Klingons too. I know most of it was done because of their lack of a budget but I was never really in favor of the makeovers they did for the Romulans and Klingons when they had the bigger budgets.

I thought this was worth posting. This is a recent conversation with Brannon Braga.

What I found compelling was his “take” on the optimistic and evolved future of Trek being the core of what Roddenberry had created and why Trek has endured...up to this point. I also agree with his view that if a writer doesn’t want to adhere to this optimistic POV, then they should go and write for a different show, and not write for Trek:

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold out too much hope that with the same production team that has so screwed up current Trek that it will get any better. We all saw how Kurtzman reacted to the fans that had complaints about Picard or STD. I'm am holding out hope though that the new series with Pike will turn out better as I did like Pike and Spock in season 2 of STD but that may just be wishful thinking.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope that with the same production team that has so screwed up current Trek that it will get any better. We all saw how Kurtzman reacted to the fans that had complaints about Picard or STD. I'm am holding out hope though that the new series with Pike will turn out better as I did like Pike and Spock in season 2 of STD but that may just be wishful thinking.
maxresdefault.jpg

Approximately 30mins in, it is good to hear that Sid gets what it means to revisit a character. I think his sentiments echo those who feel that the Picard series is almost trying to re-write the Picard character.
Ira's comments are also quite telling of a man diplomatically trying to say that the current regime are doing something different from what DS9 and other Berman era Trek shows did, perhaps not necessarily in the best way possible.

Just finished a rewatch of Voyager. The final episode was very well done. I miss good Trek.
Ironic. I hate that finale. We knew from the pilot that they'd get home or not by show's end. The strongest stories would have been: 1) They get home in act one and the rest of the finale is the culture shock and aftermath; or 2) they sacrifice themselves nobly, and thus never get home. The latter would have been too daring and unconventional for American storytelling appetites. But the weakest would have been to spend the whole two hours telling how they got home after seven years of not. And then they threw time travel into the mix, as well. I can only laud the finale for giving us Admiral Janeway's uniform, greatcoat, and shuttle, with an additional nod that we got that era's cadet uniforms, too. All utterly ignored in Picard, of course...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back