Star Trek: Picard

just to be clear, there's a difference between discussing politics and discussing Star Trek's episodes and how they relate to current (at the time) political environments and even how that relates to today.

If the mods were to dismiss that, then they really have no clue what Star Trek is, and I don't see them doing that, as long as it's relevant to the show and topic.

And to be blunt, I may hate discovery, but anyone who dumps on it because of a gay couple kissing, are dinosaurs and homophobes. Simple. Our society is evolving into a more accepting one and that oddly enough to some, means not putting up with homophobic *********.

Last edited:
I've reached a point where any time ANYONE involved with a show utters the phrase "like Game of Thrones" I feel safe in assuming that the show is just going to suck and can be safely avoided entirely.

I was waiting for Spock and Michael to have had an incestuous relationship, even though they are step brother and sister, since the showrunners of STD loved GOT and I've basically referred to STD as "Game of Thrones in Space".

And to be blunt, I may hate discovery, but anyone who dumps on it because of a gay couple kissing, are dinosaurs and homophobes. Simple. Our society is evolving into a more accepting one and that oddly enough to some, means not putting up with homophobic *********.

Maybe you meant my post with this.

To be clear: I have no problems with gay kisses or couples. I surely did not mean DSC with my post, because it was part of the story. What I don't like nowadays is agenda over storytelling. Just in showing something to make clear that there are weapon dealers serving both sides, fictional animals get treated bad or that there is diversity in some universe without adding anything to the overall arc. Especially if this screen time should be used to fix the plot holes.

If it had been too referential the backlash would have gone the other way. :devil:

One thing I've noticed, as reboots and sequels and relaunches etc have become the norm, most of the artists I like very seldom want to go back and do stuff just like what they did before, even if that stuff is what gained them notoriety in their youth. They already did that, they're getting older and have less time on the planet to faff about, they want to do something new that excites them. You know, good for them. There's plenty of stuff to watch, and not everything has to be for everyone. Let them get weird and go places. For me, Stewart is such a good actor and so fun to watch they could just have him driving a plow and singing old timey showtunes on a backwater agricultural planet and I'd give it a shot.

a bit late, but Picard sucked, they killed a bunch of cool people, they made ugly ships that were dark inside and space scenes that were also dark blurs, can someone please turn on the lights dammit, 7 of 9 in baggy clothes? The Hispanic Han Solo? are all freighter pilots outlaws and scoundrels, really? Do all American truck drivers go on adventures with a pet chimp? Great returns for some characters, now lets kill them. Personal tragedies for others, Depression Trek, Anxiety Trek? Emo Trek writing, the stupid scientist, murderer with anxiety problems? she escape from Discovery? can we reboot last season? screw you writers, are you friends with George Lucas, do you hate us like he does, by the way, the Borg Queen implanted a bug in Data, shes been watching him, at the last minute she beamed him off the Roman ship, shes been his slave for years, Picard was nearly killed in a rescue attempt he cannot recall because hes swirling around in a Bacta tank, last season was a doped up Picard emo dream, REBOOT PICARD

I'm sure that season two will retcon some of it at least.

Q shows up, "Well, well, Picard. Look at what's happened to you! You're an android now, eh?" He waves his hand in front of Picard.

Picard's eyes widen in shock and wonder. He rubs his hands up and down his torso.

Q smiles. "That's right, Jean Luc, just like Geppetto before me, I've turned you into a real boy!"

Picard takes several deep breaths. "I'm Human again! I'm ME again! Thank you, Q."

Q waives him off. "Nothing to it, Mon Capitan! And for my next trick...." He snaps his fingers and Data materializes in front of them.

Data looks around bewildered. "Captain, I am confused. We were just saying goodbye to each other, in my study, as my data core rods were being removed. How am I here?"

He turns around and sees Q. Turning back to Picard. "Oh!"

Q throws his arms around each of their shoulders. "Look at me! I'm getting the band back together! What do you say we go see what Geordi and Worf are up to, eh? Afterward, we can pop in on Riker and Trio and have him whip up one of those famous pizzas of his! And, if we're all up to it, later we can see how Beverly is fairing these days."

Except I won't be watching, because, you know, I can go into my back yard, raise the lid on my trash container and watch garbage rot for free!

^^^ awesome, like Ive always thought, a few real fans sitting at a dinner table could write better than the hacks out there that write garbage like discovery, the prequels, the sequels etc etc, Star Trek V is better than Discovery and Picard
I don't know about that. But it does seem like the writers for a lot of these shows and movies seem to say, "I like X, except for this, this, this, this, and this". Basically all of the key aspects of what made X good in the first place. That, or they overly focus on just one aspect and overdo it.

Attachments

• Space_cowboys_ver3.jpg
    Space_cowboys_ver3.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 66
I don't get the allure of geriatric heroes lately. Watching this seems like watching futuristic Cocoon in space. No thank you.
That's a pretty closed minded view of things. I've got news for you, there are people on the planet older than you - and they have value.

The Story is about Jean-Luc Picard, and yes at this point in his story he's an older guy. WTF does that matter if it tells a good story?

Season 1 of Picard had some great story lines - that the production failed to really deliver on. Bits and pieces were great but overall it was lacking IMO. I'm hopeful that the writing on this season is a bit more focused and thoughtful. Nostalgia is fine, but I want more meat to the story.

Jedi Dade

I don't get the allure of geriatric heroes lately. Watching this seems like watching futuristic Cocoon in space. No thank you.
But he is a “robotic geriatric gollum” now, you see, so it’s like, completely different.

So it’s really a robot that is programmed to act geriatric vs. being truly geriatric.

Wouldn’t that be totally cool if it was like Cocoon and “Gollum Picard” started breakdancing in the next season, like Don Ameche did in the film?

So much “YES”!!!!!

It’ll be the most dope moves seen since Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo!!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back