Star Trek Klingon Bird of Prey kits

Raven Morpheus

Hey all

Just a quick search for help...

I have, among many other kits in progress, a 1/350th AMT Klingon Bird of Prey. Thing is it's a bit big (something like 14" long by the same or bigger wide), and I don't have the gigantic 1/350th Enterprise to go with it (nor will I ever have), and as such the BoP is a bit too much for me, it's reached a dead end where enthusiasm is concerned due to all the panel painting and the general poor details (the windows on mine were badly moulded and I think I've made it worse by masking them with Vallejo liquid mask which I know will be hard to remove (having been on there some 12+ months)!

I do however have the fantastic Polar Lights/Round2 1/1000th Enterprise kit, which I also plan to light up and have a LED/FO kit ready to put into it.

So, I'm wondering, and I think it's a long shot, but is there a widely available Klingon BoP kit that is about 4-6" in length? I know there's a "cadet series" kit out there by Round2 which is something like 1/1400 and only 3.25" long but I'm wondering if there's any others because I think that one would be too small to hang from my ceiling (and/or light up).

Alternatively how difficult would it be to modify the 1/1000 Klingon D7 Cruiser to look like the K'Tinga class cruiser from Star Trek VI - what sort of details would need to be added?

TIA

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back