Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

1. Insurance claims would have to be filed by the shipper
2. The package would need to be packed to UPS standards to have the claim approved, which is a minimum of 2 inches of padding around the item on all sides.
3. They would have had to pay the declared value insurance on it, UPS only covers the 1st $100 for free.

I'm going to try and glue it and sell it for a discount on eBay, the only problem is one of the pieces broke off near the pin that the top site pivots on, that will be a tough one. The other piece fits right in so it shouldn't be a problem.

Or I could just sell it as is and let someone else worry about it.

Last edited:
That is so not good. I'm finding it very hard to even want to deal with any Anovos products anymore. I was over in the Star Wars Anovos thread and there are people singing their praises again because some jackets are getting shipped out but at the same time all other products have been pushed back again to 2020 at the very least.

That is so not good. I'm finding it very hard to even want to deal with any Anovos products anymore. I was over in the Star Wars Anovos thread and there are people singing their praises again because some jackets are getting shipped out but at the same time all other products have been pushed back again to 2020 at the very least.
Why would anyone sing their praises? It's one thing to give a company a second chance but this far beyond that. But I've been a low man on them for a long time. You can't continue to run a business on a pre-order funding model. That's a huge red flag for me. There are plenty of independent artist out there making awesome pieces that compete with the quality of anovos. I know they aren't official but I'd much rather give them my money, wait 3 months, and get my product than give avovos 5x the amount of money, wait forever and maybe get my product. Not to mention ive always had luck dealing with independent makers on a CS level. It just pisses me off that Anovos is so ******.

1. Insurance claims would have to be filed by the shipper
2. The package would need to be packed to UPS standards to have the claim approved, which is a minimum of 2 inches of padding around the item on all sides.
3. They would have had to pay the declared value insurance on it, UPS only covers the 1st $100 for free.

I'm going to try and glue it and sell it for a discount on eBay, the only problem is one of the pieces broke off near the pin that the top site pivots on, that will be a tough one. The other piece fits right in so it shouldn't be a problem.

Or I could just sell it as is and let someone else worry about it.
Honestly, be spiteful and take them to small claims. How does a company like this still exist?

Here is how they pack a $500 item and they charged me $50 for shipping.

It's not even a box, it's just a mailer where the flaps fold in.

There is almost no protection on the top and bottom, just a sheet of 2 mm foam wrap.

IMG_0287.jpg

There is almost no protection on the top and bottom, just a sheet of 2 mm foam wrap.

View attachment 1096122
Wow, was there any insurance on that? In my opinion that is willful negligence... borderline criminal... $500 ... 3D printed and packaged like that... Id almost advise to talk to a lawyer on that.. you might pm "the Pawn" and see if its worth the effort. That is disgusting...

Wow, was there any insurance on that? In my opinion that is willful negligence... borderline criminal... $500 ... 3D printed and packaged like that... Id almost advise to talk to a lawyer on that.. you might pm "the Pawn" and see if its worth the effort. That is disgusting...
That's been my point since the beginning of this thread. A $550 3D printed prop. Which ultimately takes years to arrive. Small claims them I really think is the way to go. The class action that is already out there is fine too. This is a company who flat out refuses to do customer service or issue refunds to people waiting YEARS. it's not like they're just a random prop builder. They've taken A LOT of money in and haven't delivered products and apparently even when they do some arrive broken and poor packaged.

That's been my point since the beginning of this thread. A $550 3D printed prop. Which ultimately takes years to arrive. Small claims them I really think is the way to go. The class action that is already out there is fine too. This is a company who flat out refuses to do customer service or issue refunds to people waiting YEARS. it's not like they're just a random prop builder. They've taken A LOT of money in and haven't delivered products and apparently even when they do some arrive broken and poor packaged.

I would agree. My last order was all clothes and was packed in a bag.. so worst damage was wrinkling... but even that is not acceptable when some clothing items are $500 too on Anovos.

If you factor the cost, and time waited and it arrives like that.. punitive damages could apply..

Id email cbs and tell them ... see if they can help resolve this.. or your CC or bank... get your money back cause you'll likely never see a replacement or refund from Anovos...

Sorry to hear this Bro!

I know you had been waiting for this to ship and this is what you get

There is NO excuse for the way they shipped this

View attachment 1096122

How does it feel? Light or does it have some weight to it?

It has some weight to it when the battery pack is in it. I am glad to have it but always felt it should have had sound. without the battery pack its fairly light weight. I felt they should have made some effort on the outer packaging as well but there you are.

I thought I had seen pictures of packaging from the first wave that looked better packed than what they are sending out now. There is just no excuse for what Anovos is doing. Knowing how the latest versions are packed I would not even want to buy one from a 3rd party seller as I would be worried they would be selling damaged goods without letting you know and they you would have to file a claim to get your money back.

I thought I had seen pictures of packaging from the first wave that looked better packed than what they are sending out now. There is just no excuse for what Anovos is doing. Knowing how the latest versions are packed I would not even want to buy one from a 3rd party seller as I would be worried they would be selling damaged goods without letting you know and they you would have to file a claim to get your money back.

No Argument from me. If you are buying this 3rd party I would ask to see the packaging as well. GC

No Argument from me. If you are buying this 3rd party I would ask to see the packaging as well. GC

I've noticed that most of the ones sold on ebay don't even show pictures of the actual Phaser you are getting. They just show the stock pictures from Anovos. I have seen one that seems to have the same bad packaging as above but it is hard to tell and I'm also seeing prices from $499 to just over $1000. That is just crazy.

I've noticed that most of the ones sold on ebay don't even show pictures of the actual Phaser you are getting. They just show the stock pictures from Anovos. I have seen one that seems to have the same bad packaging as above but it is hard to tell and I'm also seeing prices from $499 to just over $1000. That is just crazy.

It is crazy but the only recommendations I could make at this point if you Or anyone wants one is the following.... I am a fan of Discovery and this is... a licensed product. So .... close your eyes and hold your nose.

1. Do not buy direct from ANOVOS. IMHO I am amazed they are not bankrupt at this point ONLY buy this secondary market with a seller who has it in hand that you can actually ask questions and get answers too vs. the ANOVOS hand wave. Screw ANYMORE preorders with this company and their total lack of ANY customer support.

2. If it was in the same first run as mine ( see early box design posted above) make sure you ask the seller about the gold paint is it still present? ask for pics...A few customers had issues with the gold paint not adhering properly and actually disappearing. If the seller has nothing to hide then they should be comfortable answering basic questions. Stock photos do not work for me I want to know what a seller actually has on hand.

3. Ask for pics of everything including the box. If the newer less protected box is what they have then fine but ask the seller to repack with better materials. Offer to pay for that EXTRA protection. Would you spend an additional $20 to save a $700 purchase? I would EVERY time. Even if it’s insured sure....you get your money back but now you need to find another available prop... at the same price point... and then go through ALL this again.

GC

Last edited:
I did end up buying one from a 3rd party seller for $600, the Avovos box was the same but he packed it in another box as well.

so after $1150 and about 740 days, I finally have my phaser, plus a broken one I don't know what to do with.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back