Star Trek Beyond

You really have to ask yourself if this is the type of Star Trek you want to see in the future, if it's not and you still give Paramount your money they will continue to give us exactly what we don't want. If the movie is a success all you are doing is voting for more of the same. Some people think we need to support the franchise no matter what and I find that puzzling to say the least.

You really have to ask yourself if this is the type of Star Trek you want to see in the future, if it's not and you still give Paramount your money they will continue to give us exactly what we don't want. If the movie is a success all you are doing is voting for more of the same. Some people think we need to support the franchise no matter what and I find that puzzling to say the least.

at this point, i find it more fun to be a dick and keep giving it money until the nu audience gets tired of it and wishes it'll go away ;o)

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2016/07/uss-franklin-model-coming-as-star-trek.html

2BUltra%2BHD%2BAmazon%2Bexclusive%2BUSS%2BFranklin.jpg

at this point, i find it more fun to be a dick and keep giving it money until the nu audience gets tired of it and wishes it'll go away ;o)

You mean like Feigbusters?
:p

What I would like to know is, does that mean "2160p" or actual 4K resolution.... which is even higher.

The film made me weep at the end and I'm not even a Star Trek fan overall. I enjoy the movies, respect the franchise, history, cast, and fans. (I'm way more into Star Wars) The respect they paid to Nimoy's Spock was amazing (And the original cast as well there). Very entertaining film, funny, and heartfelt too.

The film made me weep at the end and I'm not even a Star Trek fan overall. I enjoy the movies, respect the franchise, history, cast, and fans. (I'm way more into Star Wars) The respect they paid to Nimoy's Spock was amazing (And the original cast as well there). Very entertaining film, funny, and heartfelt too.
Yes. I agree. The way they honored nimoy was incredible

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The movie has its share of issues - but, I found it overall to be the best of JJ Trek. It seemed to avoid the pitfalls of the previous two films and worked on making it more Trek-like.

I generally don't like Chris Pine - but, he seems to finally be fitting in little better in the Captain's boots Shatner left behind. Karl Urban still steals the shows... Idris Elba was wasted... and Zachary Quinto still hasn't come close to portraying anything close to Spock.

I'm not sure if this is still considered a spoiler...
Did I miss him, or was old-Chekov not in the old crew picture that new-Spock found in old-Spock's belongings?

...oh, the music was pretty spot on for the most part, too. Reminded me a lot of how music worked during the series.

Last edited:
The movie has its share of issues - but, I found it overall to be the best of JJ Trek. It seemed to avoid the pitfalls of the previous two films and worked on making it more Trek-like.

I'm not sure if this is still considered a spoiler...
Did I miss him, or was old-Chekov not in the old crew picture that new-Spock found in old-Spock's belongings?

Yes he was.

I have to be honest, and as much as I wanted to love this film, it falls quite short of my expectations for a decent Star Trek film. It was certainly full of action, but to me, it was dizzingly frenetic and overly hyperactive. It left me feeling as if I had been babysitting with a room full of two year olds or spent an hour on a rollercoaster! Overkill! It seemed more like Star Wars than Star Trek (Trek Wars?) to me, with that tiresome psychopathic villian vs the good guys routine. Again with the uber space station with millions of people. In that time, space stations were relatively small, not teaming metropolises. Other than the few Vulcans, they had no other recognizable aliens to bring continuity to the world. That really bugs me!

I still loved the characters, the acting, etc. They were all great and charming! One thing I absolutely LOVED in this movie was how they handled the Universal Translator! The way the alien girl spoke, you could see her talking in her own language, and the translator working over her speech, was done brilliantly. I wish they had always used such beautiful subtly in showing a translation! Very cool.

But overall, it was OK, but nothing memorable or even very interesting in the whole scheme of things Trek. I'm glad I saw it of course, but I doubt that I will ever watch it again.

Last edited:
that's the problem with movies today that have action sequences. it's all quick cut, fast cut, lens flare included to make you blind, and it's almost impossible to follow the action in some of the badder ones.

I miss the slower paced action scenes of the 90s where it was just a still shot and you have a full 30 seconds to see what was going on ;o).

that's the problem with movies today that have action sequences. it's all quick cut, fast cut, lens flare included to make you blind, and it's almost impossible to follow the action in some of the badder ones.

I miss the slower paced action scenes of the 90s where it was just a still shot and you have a full 30 seconds to see what was going on ;o).
I mentioned in one of these threads that when this entire series is finished I can promise you right now that the slowest one with the least action will be considered the best.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back