Star Trek Assault Phaser ID plates and sniper rifle option!

Skyler101

Sr Member
Finishing up some older prop projects and am almost done with my ST5/6 Assault phaser.

I know years ago a RPF member offered ID plates for props, and was wondering if anyone had some close up pics or images/graphics of the ID plates?

Appreciate any help with the ID plates.

Also, have some parts left over getting this phaser just right and wanted to see if anyone had made the Assault phaser rifle that was originally going to be used at the end of ST6 before it was changed to a Klingon sniper rifle. Saw a photo in a Star Trek art book a while ago and liked where that design was going :)

If anyone has images from the original prop, (not the pic posted here) or has made their own version, love to see what you came up with.

Hope your all going well over this time.

-Skyler101

Attachments

• mrstvph_clip.jpg
    mrstvph_clip.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 255
  • dad434bebf920d7858d75887a3801623.jpg
    dad434bebf920d7858d75887a3801623.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 230
  • H3257-L78859915.jpg
    H3257-L78859915.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 249
I have one of these Phasers....Ill dig it out. Good idea..to complete it. I got metal parts..and a ID Plate someplace.

Wanna hear a funny story? This phaser was used in one of the movies. A follow on ,movie, called for more of the props. You will see this phaser with the handle wrapped in Leather. Anyways, Greg Jein, was in charge of supplying more of the Assault Phasers (AP). Before Production, he happen to be attending a sci fi convention...and lo and behold, he came across a table of someone selling castings of the AP. Rather than have to cast more up himself, from his mold (God knows where it was in storage) he just bought a bunch off the table, repainted them, and used them for the next film.

Wanna hear a funny story? This phaser was used in one of the movies. A follow on ,movie, called for more of the props. You will see this phaser with the handle wrapped in Leather. Anyways, Greg Jein, was in charge of supplying more of the Assault Phasers (AP). Before Production, he happen to be attending a sci fi convention...and lo and behold, he came across a table of someone selling castings of the AP. Rather than have to cast more up himself, from his mold (God knows where it was in storage) he just bought a bunch off the table, repainted them, and used them for the next film.
I believe you're thinking of the TSFS phasers reused in TNG's "Final Mission" with suede-wrapped handles:

1588317202718.png

Anyhoo... Skyler101, what specifically are you looking for regarding the number plates? There were different ones made for TFF and TUC -- different size/clarity of the Starfleet emblem, slightly different font used for the ship registry and power pack serial number.

I've seen a few people make their own versions of the stock, scope, and sniper barrel. All have had pro/con lists vis-a-vis the original mock-up, which was an unfinished proof-of-concept exercise, anyway. I'm working on one of my own, but it's not exactly near the top of my list. And, unfortunately, no one knows where that mock-up ended up, and that one picture of it laid across the case is the only one I've seen in a quarter century.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back