Star Lord helmet AND accessories!!! by Helagak!

Well, feeling a bit down right now... After a week of printing, I realized the helmet is way too big for me. Also, some of the pieces aren't quite lining up which is causing some assembly issues. Not sure if parts are slightly warping during printing or what. I'm going to finish the print (just the back piece needs to be done), but I might throw this one up in the JY to recoup filament cost (with Helagak's permission :))

20140605_004626_zps3rpeksya.jpg

20140605_004642_zps3dof0n9m.jpg

I'll give it a rest for a bit until the gun is ready and give that a go.

Well, feeling a bit down right now... After a week of printing, I realized the helmet is way too big for me. Also, some of the pieces aren't quite lining up which is causing some assembly issues. Not sure if parts are slightly warping during printing or what. I'm going to finish the print (just the back piece needs to be done), but I might throw this one up in the JY to recoup filament cost (with Helagak's permission :))

I'll give it a rest for a bit until the gun is ready and give that a go.

Can you just pad the inside of it? I mean, if you are going to have the eyes light up you'll need a little room for mounting. What do you think?

[my computer is being really stupid! sorry, I cant add this to my last post.... ]

In other news...
The Gun is done! I am jsut waiting for 4shared to stop sucking and the zip will be up!
I had to kind of guess on the scale. I settled with the total gun size being 11.99" long. from the pictures, that seems about right.

=D
Complete gun
fmYkq9p.jpg

Broken down
pv7xUiP.jpg

I cannot thank you enough for posting the files for free!

So, I'm building this and I got to thinking... What material can I use to see out of? I would like to put a ring of SMD LEDs around the eye piece since that looks like it is what they did for the film. But I cannot find a good material.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Aaaarrrrrggggggg!!! I left my jump drive with the gun files at work!!!
Sorry guys. (and gals?) I'll post the gun zip tomorrow around 4pm est

Side note! Kevin printed most of the helm and it turned out too big. I am working with him to get a better scale and will re-release a new set of recaled pieces!

Could someone...anyonethat's capable, output these .pdo files as PDFs and post links here in this thread?

I'm a mac user so I cannot download the pepakura editor to my computer. But I can open, resize and print PDFs.

I know there are other forum members in my predicament that would love to be able to pep Helagak's amazing work! Thanks in advance, and again, AWESOME work, Helagak!

Sorry maniac. I do not have the proper programs to do that. but anyone is welcome to convert the pdo to pdf, and i will post it on the OP.
If anyone does this and has any questions about hosting the file, just pm me.

Could someone...anyonethat's capable, output these .pdo files as PDFs and post links here in this thread?

I'm a mac user so I cannot download the pepakura editor to my computer. But I can open, resize and print PDFs.

I know there are other forum members in my predicament that would love to be able to pep Helagak's amazing work! Thanks in advance, and again, AWESOME work, Helagak!

IronManiac, I could give it a try when I get home tonight (though I've never done it before, so if someone else knows what they're doing, by all means go ahead!). Do you want the helmet and the arm piece? At the standard scale (letter size paper)? My husband said it should be relatively easy to do, so I can try!

Yrien, YES! I'm really after the helmet that i can print out on 8.5x11 sheets.

Or even better, if you could covert the FOAM files, that would be great too, i have more experience pepping foam iron man parts than i do with paper.

Thanks so much!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back