Limited Run STAR-LORD BAG, professionally made. Now shipping!

Re: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made (pic heavy!)

Any progress on anything?
So much, and so little at the same time. I have put the down payment on the manufacturing process, confirmed all of the details, am actively working on getting all the right hardware, and have made sure they have the right print design. Getting the ball rolling on this kind of project is a lot of work, but I'm hoping that by early next week they can begin parts of production.

Strap leather with a sample groove (which isn't spaced right, but you can see the leather thickness, color, and what the groove looks like).
6Vnbx7G.jpg

That looks great. I like the color and the thickness. The groves are perfect. I am completely happy with that.

Is it too late to get added on for the discounted price?

Any updates?
Sure! The manufacturer and the rest of China was on vacation for most of last week. Annoying. The printing is being worked on as we speak. The snap company continues to act as though they really hate having customers, and I'm not sure if they've even acknowledged that they've received my payment yet. Right now I'm at a stage where it's just kind of... waiting for other people to do what they're paid to do.

I know it might feel like there's not much progress, but I promise I'm working on pushing things through as fast as possible every single day.

It's definitely excitement over impatience. I'm really stoked to finally be getting my first major movie accurate piece.

@Zlurpo

Is the bag large enough to hold a laptop? A small one maybe 10 to 12 inch screen.

Maybe? It's hard to tell. My laptop is a big ol' 17 incher, so it doesn't fit. The prototype bag is actually a bit too small in a couple dimensions (it's been fixed in the new pattern) but the biggest issue is that the bag is designed to be wrapping around your hip as you wear it, and most laptops don't... wrap. So I'm pretty sure you could fit it in for the most part, but a corner might stick out a bit, or it might just be a bit uncomfortable.

Unrelated: I was messaged asking about the strap lengths, which I forgot to post the answer to yet: I had to give them all of the lengths ahead of time, so I couldn't wait and take length orders. In a first run of 30 bags, I had them go with 20 full length straps, 5 that are 2" shorter, and 5 that are 4" shorter. I'll take pictures wearing each size so you can see how it rests. And probably also I'll take pictures with my somewhat shorter friends wearing them too.

Maybe? It's hard to tell. My laptop is a big ol' 17 incher, so it doesn't fit. The prototype bag is actually a bit too small in a couple dimensions (it's been fixed in the new pattern) but the biggest issue is that the bag is designed to be wrapping around your hip as you wear it, and most laptops don't... wrap. So I'm pretty sure you could fit it in for the most part, but a corner might stick out a bit, or it might just be a bit uncomfortable.

Unrelated: I was messaged asking about the strap lengths, which I forgot to post the answer to yet: I had to give them all of the lengths ahead of time, so I couldn't wait and take length orders. In a first run of 30 bags, I had them go with 20 full length straps, 5 that are 2" shorter, and 5 that are 4" shorter. I'll take pictures wearing each size so you can see how it rests. And probably also I'll take pictures with my somewhat shorter friends wearing them too.

Okay, it's not problem either way. It'll just be an extra bonus if it fits. If not it still has work to do holding a sphere my walkman, and whatever else is supposed to be in there.

That's awesome. I appreciate the consideration. Definitely interested in some short straps.

Also, I am hopeful that I'll have a picture of the new prototype tonight. It should have all the right materials, re-designs, and the printing. Here's a teaser of the printing:
gWzcqmU.jpg

Note that the colors here aren't accurate; her camera shows different colors every time she takes a photo!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back