Steel Mando blaster Field Marshall kit

szkoda1974

Hi thought I would show some pictures of my built kit, I am new here so this is my first post. I spent a very long time removing all the machine marks from this kit and then carefully blued it to look like a real weapon. I finished the grips carefully too and the brass parts. The finish on the steel parts was worth the time as when it was blued the fish is just like a real vintage firearm. I have just added the missing brass part to the right side. Have lots of builds in my collection if any one is interested just thought I would star to venture in to this great community.
IMG_7774.jpeg
IMG_7775.jpeg

It’s a hard thing to get right I would defiantly say it comes down to the prep work, very clean surface and patience to get it right. I blued it more than once with a very very light rub down in between and then a clean then blue again. I think aluminium is hard to get an even finish on did you use aluminium black. I like to use it for weathering but have never tried to do a complete prop with it. Thanks.

The kit is Field Marshal he does aluminium and steel I have both kits they are real nice but the steel one feels great in hand nice weight to it. I think the original prop was painted but I blued it to match the finish on a real world fire arm. I think the influence for this prop came from a Bergman pistol so I want to match the finish on this vintage fire arm.

Great job. This piece is so beautiful and Fieldmarshal did an awesome job. I've gotta pick one up sometime soon!

Thanks It’s a great kit lot of work is need to remove the machine marks but it is worth the effort when it is blued and finished. Thanks again for the nice comments.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back