ST:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket - with photos of other cool people in them

Re: ST:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket - with SDCC 2011 pix

Yes, that was me. I am sorry we did not get a chance to chat. I wanted to stop you but you walked by all too quickly.

I wanted to stop you but you walked by all too quickly.

I think that was when we were rushing to weapons check so we could actually get into the building and the air conditioning! (Who'd have thought those giant parka costumes would be so warm? Yeah...) We'll have to make a point of meeting up next time! (Are you going to the Trek thing in Vegas next month?)

Vegas is too far from Ape City. :( Or I definitely would be there...

It was a miracle or fluke that I was at Comicon.

That is above awesome - with the wig you look kinda like if Ryan Reynolds was cast as Kirk in one of those "Scary Movie" type parodies. Hop great work on the outfit man.

Thanks for sharing.. Great work... I want to try and do one...

Saw your outfits and they looked great. My friends and I took pictures of you two in our Star Blazers/Space Battleship Yamato outfits.

5990621178_edbe5b02a5.jpg

As it turned out, we were able to bring these costumes to the big Las Vegas 2011 Star Trek convention- We saw Jon8712, Subxinu, Art Andrews, Star Wars Chick and Got Maul, and I'm sure a few other RPF's I didn't recognize- here are a few pictures we took:

Two Admirals:
IMG_1393.jpg

Khan was there, along with another Field Jacket!
IMG_1415.jpg

RPF types: (In just one of many, many great ST costumes they sported that weekend!
IMG_1417.jpg

Maybe Andorians aren't so bad after all...

IMG_1483.jpg

Me with some random guy in the background....
IMG_1499.jpg

There are a few more to see if you'd like:
Trek Vegas 2011 pictures by Felgacarb - Photobucket

Except for the drive there and back, we had a great time!

Ok, except for the drive and losing the costume contest (to a Borg, a Vulcan and Spock's Mom!!!) we had a great time.

Actually, anytime you get to yell "Khan, you bloodsucker!" into a microphone in front of 6000 people while dressed as Kirk with Shatner in the room- that's got to be called a win...

Last edited:
Re: ST:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket - with SDCC & Vegas 2011 pix

It was great meeting you both as well, Felgacarb! Those TWOK field jackets are 10 times as impressive in person as in the pics you posted...so that means they're pretty frikkin' awesome. Has anybody posted your' KHHAAAaaannnnn' from the costume contest online yet?

CreedsGalBirdy and I can't wait to check out the rest of your pics...we flew back home VERY early this AM, so we're gonna try to sort all our pics this weekend.

We also met many great folks such as GotMaul, Major Mason and Max C. - wish it hadn't all gone by so fast, but there's always DragonCon in 2 weeks! Any of you Trekkers be sure to say hello if ya make it there (that's us in the 3rd season uniforms above).

Art
'Jon8712'

I've been cleverly tricking various people into posing for snapshots while wearing the jackets:

PropParty2012005.jpg

Mattmobile-5-201244.jpg

PropParty2012a001.jpg

PropParty2012b001.jpg

Mattmobile-5-2012106.jpg

(Yes, I see Zendragon there...)

Mattmobile-5-201276.jpg

Wow... its that Grant Imahara from Mythbusters?

I must say, as a hardcore trekkie and a big fan of the classic crew movies, your costumes are incredible, Felgacarb. I've always loved this jacket in particular, this and your McCoy jacket are great designs and you have made wonderful replicas out of them.

I cant wait to see what's next... Maybe a ST VI space suit?

Thanks, wonderboy!

I would like to do a spacesuit- I haven't decided on which one, or convinced myself I'm ready to tackle it yet... I'll have to go back and look at the ST VI suit, I'm not remembering it...

^ You also get a couple of good shots of the suits in the Star Trek VI trailer, starting at about the 1:37 mark. Looks like the radiation suit with a name badge on the right chest, and, of course, a different helmet?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back