ST:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket - with photos of other cool people in them

Re: WIP - ST:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket

I don't know what your vocation is sir, but unless you are a professional costumer AND a professional propmaker AND a bespoke tailor your talents are not being fully used. Congratulations on such a masterful job recreating an extremely complex costume piece. Twice.

So where's the picture of you yelling Khaaaaannn! into a communicator?

So where's the picture of you yelling Khaaaaannn! into a communicator?

I'd have to make one of the wrist-band style communicators to do it right- is it worth that much work just to... oh, who am I kidding, of course it is. Give me some time to make up a proper communicator watch...

(In other news, I found the failed solder joint in the electronics box of the sewing machine- so the Pfaff lives again!)

Dude... I haven't the words!

Taking on what has to be one of the most complex Star Trek garments, and reproducing it so faithfully in what has to be record time...

applause1.gif

Well done Sir! :D

Except I'm completely jealous now. :lol

Kevin

It's so good I wanna punch myself.

Seriously you should reconsider....at $800+ you would make a killing. My god at least 20 folks here would jump in.

Well done

These are without question, simply the best TWOK field Jackets I've seen outside of the actual film!

An absolute work of art.
You sir, are gifted.

John

Seriously you should reconsider....at $800+ you would make a killing.

As well he should; but I'd imagine a garment of that complexity, with handmade hardware could get 20 folks paying around US$1500 and I wouldn't be surprised if he could move 20 at US$2000. You saw his materials were almost US$400? Not knowing time-spent, I'd times-four that, easy. That thing's incredible.

As well he should; but I'd imagine a garment of that complexity, with handmade hardware could get 20 folks paying around US$1500 and I wouldn't be surprised if he could move 20 at US$2000. You saw his materials were almost US$400? Not knowing time-spent, I'd times-four that, easy. That thing's incredible.

I know, I mean cant we have a forced enlistment. I mean they reserve activated McCoy, cant we do the same here? Just seems like its for the good of the many:love

Bravo! This is breathtakingly executed. As soon as I am out of the hole, and ahead, I will commission on to go with a TWOK Admiral's Uniform. So no time soon, really. :rolleyes

Wonderful work! :D

KK2

Star Trek II:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket - Photos

I have gotten the rest of the costume parts together, and was finally able to schedule a little photo shoot- so, as promised, pictures with people actually wearing the jackets!

These may be a tad on the silly side, but then again, so is my photoshop work, so...

Suiting up...
Transporter-1.jpg

Beaming down-
Regula1Corridor-1.jpg

ST II If John Woo had directed:
Regula1Corridor-2.jpg

Kirk: AARRGHHH!!!!
Saavik: What is he even firing at?
Regula1Corridor-3.jpg

Collars up!
Closeup-1.jpg

Portrait style:
Regula1wall-1.jpg

DilythiumChamber-1.jpg

Without the jackets:
Engineering-1.jpg

And, by special request for Havok69:

Khan0.jpg

Khan1.jpg

Khan2.jpg

Khan3.jpg

(McCoy in the back: Oh give it a rest, he hung up five minutes ago....)

We laughed a lot making these, I hope you enjoy them, too!

Last edited:
Re: ST:Wrath of Khan - Field Jacket - Completed!

Really outstanding work -
And what's the origin of your Shatner...*ahem*...Hairpiece? It's also really good and I could use one for a future display...

Those photos are great, felg, but I must admit that you look a lot like Will Ferrell with the wig. ;)

I can't take much more of this!

The entire uniforms, pics and hairpiece are awesome! :thumbsup

Kevin

Is that the Shatner Turbo 2000 wig?

Seriously, though, re: the jacket, all I can say is....wow

Totally blown away.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back