ST III Merchantman Reference and Kit Hunt, Parts ID

Clerval

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pretty straight-forward this. I've got about a dozen of the kits used for the ship along with the reference and info that is online and more easily available, but I've been hoping that someone got some great shots either at the 2006 auction (yeah, it was butchered, but that can't be changed) or shots while in the shop and being built or modified etc? Or of its current condition (which I cringe to think of)

Primarily looking for the secondary reads of the underside, 'belly', and along the central spine, but of course anything would be welcome.

If so, would love to see and make use of as I'm about off of one project and on to this soon. Thanks (and oh, don't bother with any blueprints, nothing out there is correct in any way)

Main focus these days:

Attachments

• hunt.jpg
    hunt.jpg
    990.8 KB · Views: 214
In case anyone has ideas on the drop tank or larger undercarriage bits that are just showing through...?
mm_parts_help_01.jpg

Drop tanks look to big airfix harrier weapond pods.
Checked the Harrier first off- they didn't have the nubs at the back that to me say tanks inst of big boom. Is what is throwing me off on them as yeah, I'd have put money on the Harrier. Thanks.

The fun part of today was just looking through about 80 kits' scans... photos mostly so hard to read from a few angles at times... and not coming up with anything for the above or other areas. I've got about 40 parts so far, about 20 left to go before I'm in the 95% range. Granted, no site has 'everything' but I can only get into one that hosts kit scans, and hope for luck in EBay photos etc... what a slog. Lost most of a day of modeling to the hunt, ad zip to show for it. So yep, this freaking hobby... nearly 40 years of it so far, ya think I'd have learned but <stevemartin> NooOOOoo </stevemartin>

The merry chase continues. Post-Jedi things got a bit awkward, harder to rely on 'the regular suspects'. Ref that I have is not high-res, but will post the last few bits that I would want to ID. I have two kits with me to re-check, but not confident in either. Thanks for the eyes.

mm_01.jpg

Attachments

• mm_07.jpg
    mm_07.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 99
  • mm_06.jpg
    mm_06.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 93
  • mm_05.jpg
    mm_05.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 90
  • mm_04.jpg
    mm_04.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 93
  • mm_03.jpg
    mm_03.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 89
  • mm_02.jpg
    mm_02.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 96
Still on the prowl for most of the circled bits... have found two and I can fake a couple more til I get an idea, but still looking. Also- anyone happen to have a spare pair of Harrier nozzles? ie One each? ;-) Also looking for a Hurricane hydraulic system cover, at least I think that's its function (also found on the Falcon, etc etc) :) Thanks.

Sadly, dead in the water. There just isn't enough coverage of the model prior to butchering to take the poc further. One of my favorite ships, will likely get back to her one day, but I need to be completing work, not fretting over what does not exist. IDed 14, 2 more possible. And who knows on the rest.

If anyone has any insight on the above, would still love to hear. TIA.
sse_rpf.jpg

Still looking...

Attachments

• ref_help_1.jpg
    ref_help_1.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 88
  • ref_help_2.jpg
    ref_help_2.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 90
  • ref_help_3.jpg
    ref_help_3.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 83
  • ref_help_4.jpg
    ref_help_4.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 92

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back