Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

I'm trying to stay away from doing it myself. typically I take the opposite approach on any project, but I know this will stay shelved if I have to learn how to do the work for the strap.

I am watching very closely for your pcb thread though. 8) . that would be epic to have.

Are you going for screen accuracy?

If -not-.. then perhaps one that is sold at your local 'mall' (The Buckle, Boston Store...etc)

JY thread is up..

just an INT thread..

if the INT thread falls flat... I'll still take care of those who expressed interest.

I found a few places that do custom cuff watch bands and have inquired about making me a set for the web shooters. I'll keep you guys posted. so far, a company called rockstar cuffs (if you google that the company will come up) quoted $260/pair. I stumbled across another company that has products in the $25/ea range so I have inquired with them as well. I can't spend $260 on leather cuffs when a metal web shooter pair with cuffs is only $250.

there are a few "acceptable" bands on ebay, but the trouble is they are all belt style bands and not snap bands. being that these are worn backwards on the wrist, that makes a huge accuracy difference.

valid point(s)... I never really gave much though to accuracy of the bands..

(as I dont really plan on wearing them ever.. just in the display case)

@$260.. the markpoon ones would be in hand.. (not just some bands/cuffs) :)

Im trying to bring the pcb costs down.. this is supposed to be a community based (economic) project) :)

yeah, I'd probably wear them a few times and definitely to the tasm2 release, but other than that it would be mostly display for me as well.

if this pushes just to the $260 mark with straps, light and sound, etc I would still call it a successful project. the ability to have sound is incredible. great job on that xl. I knew it couldn't all fit internally no matter what, but I also knew that something could be pushed to the limit if a custom pcb was made. your solution is elegantly functional. now if only the flexible pcb switch run had happened. these would be absolutely perfect.

I suppose the amount of effort I put into the switches depends on how accurate the overall prop turns out. I'm still waiting on a price from a second watch band company but I am fairly certain I am going with them. I expect it will be around $30/ea from his other prices. I had thought it was the same band mirrored for each wrist but it looks like it is the exact same band (besides the zipper which I'm not worried about).

my best guess for the wider band width was 2" because the shooter is 1.9" with the web cartridge in place (and then by looking at the pic of the prop).

Still waiting to hear from the second company. I wanted to mention something though. Be wary of ordering the shooter face in frosted detail. I did that and part it chipped off above where the web cartrige goes. it happened a while ago and I was just gonna live with it but now that I'm (hopefully) getting the light and sound fx pcbs, I want this to be perfect.

Again, I'll post info about the leather straps I'm getting as I know more. I sent another email to the company because their initial response was lightning fast and so was the second but then.... nothing... I gave them all of the dimensions for the watch and explained that since it is made from thin plastic, the place where the band attaches to the watch cannot be a tight fit, and the band cannot pull tightly on it or else the watch will warp.

As ive seen, some of us purchasing the shapeways parts are buying spare watch cogs and gears to glue to the base. Can anyone tell me where to get a great deal on a bundle of watch parts so i can get lucky and have an accurate set of pieces? Etsy is the only site i found so far.

thats pretty much where everyone else has gotten theirs..

you get a bag of random gears.. all shapes.. all sizes.. find the ones that work best for you..or are the closest match in your opinion from screen grabs. :)

on a side note: (to rest of group)

Anyone ever get around to making some sounds for the PCB's?

depends...

the one that is posted and used here... is an ATMEGA328P-AU chip..

not exactly 'screen accurate' though... but close..

same ones used in the PCB/electronics for this project in the JY.. (and posted here)

depends...

the one that is posted and used here... is an chip..

not exactly 'screen accurate' though... but close..

same ones used in the PCB/electronics for this project in the JY.. (and posted here)

thanks again! i get the feeling the chip in the movie was custom made, since its on the CG model breakdown of the shooters.

I dont recall the exact pin count of the chip used int he movies.. but Im fairly certain you can find same/similar..

Maybe MarkPoon's thread has it mentioned? (not sure where I saw it talked about as far as pin count)

Anyways.. the chip I am using or the electronics and posted here.. is the one use in the Arduino platform so should be widely available any/everywhere..

hey 'es'.. you still watching this thread bud? :)

sent ya a 'pm'... but I also want to ask a 'favor' (or ask how hard it is I guess) to make an edit to one of your models.. :)

thanks!

FYI-

if there is an interest..

I think I have found a source for FPC switches!..

quick look says they will be about $7.00 EACH.. (not including the shipping)....

I also think we can design them how we want.. so they can be designed to fit whatever we want..

I can look more into this..and design some to fit the pcb I am designing?

feedback? thoughts?

let me know!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back