Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

1.) you always need a resistor (most of the time) to no BLOW your leds.. from getting to much voltage/current from your battery pack.

2.) yes the fluid cartridge (name escaped me when I posted last)

so that when you put int he fluid cartridge close enough to the reed switch it 'closes' the circuit.. (turning it on) doing whatever it is you designed your circuit to do. :)

Uhm i missed to think to a resistor,thanks for the suggestion :)
But if i use a simple battery that doesn't overload the leds, the problem should be fixed am i right?
BTW i'll search for a resistor...i hope it will fit in without problems, since the space its short :)

Merry Christmas to You all mates!
To everyone that spent time and resources to make this thread available for us, and to everyone that enlightened it with his special ideas!
:cheers

^^^
woah, looking forward to your suit pictures!

Now i ordered these pieces from sparkfun (waiting for your suggestion before payment):

- Center Chip ATMega328 - TQFP
- Reed Switch
- LilyPad LED Green
- LilyPad LED Red

I'm okay with the LilyPads? or do i need another type of LEDs?

I am not familiar with the lilly pad leds.. do they come on the little sewable pcb?

will they fit under the bezel piece? You'll need five of them...yes? (for green)

Im actually going to be using 0603 SMD leds myself..

I am not familiar with the lilly pad leds.. do they come on the little sewable pcb?

will they fit under the bezel piece? You'll need five of them...yes? (for green)

Im actually going to be using 0603 SMD leds myself..

Neither i am :\ i saw some of you ordered them and i thought it was reasonable...but i think they will give me problems with space.

And yes, i need 5 for the green :)
can i see your leds? Thx!!

I got my LED's from led-switch.com
I went with the 1.6mm LED's and they seem to work perfectly. They're about as small as you can get with leads before going surface mount. :thumbsup

"I" am using SMD (surface mounted)... because I dont have a problem working with them.. -and- I'll be using a PCB, to re-flow them on with...

**(wanted to mention that again, so I 'my' tests/approaches do NOT mess anyone else up)

I suggest you do what works best for you, and your skill set/tools/experience..etc

that being said. here are the SMD LEDS I ordered today in fact to continue my testing with... (low profile SMD leds)

Reds: (0603 / 1.6mm x 0.8mm)
APG1608SURKC/T Kingbright Corp | 754-1359-1-ND | DigiKey

Greens: (0603 / 1.6mm x 0.8mm)
APG1608CGKC/T Kingbright Corp | 754-1357-1-ND | DigiKey

Thank you again @epilepticquirl and @xl97
So i may go with 1.6 mm leds, because i saw it's simple to connect (i am not expert in these things honestly) :)
Just hope i won't have to spend too much money...i'll see if i can buy them from my nation.

PS: My order will be shipped January 14th *___*
lookin forward to get it...and hope that parts will arrive in good status xD

Hi I am new to therpf so bare with me I would like to join this project but one problem I am completely lost I know this sounds stupid but I have no idea on how to upload the files to shapeways whenever I download the files they go into to winrar when I try to upload the file shapeways says the file is to big and I can't find the other link to is should not have me upload any files at all also I need to know what software I need to downsize the web shooters because I have a small skinny wrist. PLEASE HELP!

Like the first post instructs, do a search in the Junkyard; there you will find direct links to shapeways, no need to upload files. Forum rules state that we can not link directly to Junkyard post.

Hi I am new to therpf so bare with me I would like to join this project but one problem I am completely lost I know this sounds stupid but I have no idea on how to upload the files to shapeways whenever I download the files they go into to winrar when I try to upload the file shapeways says the file is to big and I can't find the other link to is should not have me upload any files at all also I need to know what software I need to downsize the web shooters because I have a small skinny wrist. PLEASE HELP!

Probly shouldn't try to adjust the files for your wrists... these are fairly small as it is and if you plan on adding leds of any kind you're going to need every bit of room you can get.

for this price... you will NOT be let down!..

outside of getting a pair or machines metal ones. these are the next best thing IMHO!..

I think they'll turn out great!! :)

Last edited:
Here's my current progress...been collecting the parts for a bit but just started on them yesterday as a break from puff painting like a mad man! The last one is a screen shot that I took in order to match up the watch parts. I'm confidant I got all the pieces right except for the "arm" type piece next to the fluid cartridges (red dotted piece in mine). Nothing in my two 5 gram packs (ordered two smaller packs instead of 1 bigger pack in hopes of more doubles) matched the screen grab so I picked something similar that I liked and was happy with. Painted with Krylon Fusion Navy Blue Gloss With a Satin Clear coat.

Still need to figure out the LED's and palm switch. Electronics is an area I don't have much experience in other than "plug and play" type kits.

^^^
Woooooooah it's simply Amazing!! I love the tonality of the Blue! Congratulations man, you did a good job!

Aaaaaaand today, finally my 3D models arrived *_____*
I'll post pictures tomorrow, they are so perfect!
Thank you soo much epilepticsquirl!
Shapeways rulez!

Hi everyone!!
I'm going to paint the shooter soon, right now i'm looking for a good tonality of Blue :)

The only issue is that:
I don't know how to make a giid circuit :\
Can you help me with Leds?
Thx

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back