Spider-Man No Way Home Classic Suit

Jacob Center

1.png

Here's my homemade Spider-Man suit that I've been working on for the past several months. The pattern was the Homecoming suit pattern from Scratch Threads (I started this before they made a pattern for this specific suit).
20220327_122814_HDR.jpg

The emblems were made from foam and then plastidipped before being superglued onto the suit (the back emblem was also given several coats of glossy red)
3.png
4.png

Despite not using a face shell, the lenses are magnetic. I made the lens frames from layered paper as seen in Sean's Crafts' video, and then made another set of lens frames from foam. Small magnets were applied to both, so that the foam lenses can sit under the fabric mask, and the nice ones can go over it. The mask made from the original pattern didn't turn out very good, so I found another pattern, and despite some slightly lumpier sewing, I think it turned out much better.

20220606_115913_HDR (1).jpg
20220609_113917_HDR.jpg

I still have to add proper shoes to the suit, and have been unable to find any reference for the webshooters on this suit. Would they just be the ones from the Far From Home suit recolored?

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    402.8 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
So, quick update, I've finally got shoes glued in. I went to Walmart and got a cheap pair of loafers (a couple sizes too small to make sure they'd be tight) and a pair of watershoes to use as outer soles. I originally intended to have the entire rubber sole go around the edges of the boot, but I've found it looks better if only the very bottom is there, hence them not being visible in the 2nd pic.
20220627_153833_HDR.jpg
20220627_164239_HDR.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the full suit:
20220627_171104_HDR2.jpg
20220627_171035_HDR2.jpg
20220627_164340_HDR.jpg
20220627_172304_HDR.jpg

View attachment 1585502

Here's my homemade Spider-Man suit that I've been working on for the past several months. The pattern was the Homecoming suit pattern from Scratch Threads (I started this before they made a pattern for this specific suit).View attachment 1585505
The emblems were made from foam and then plastidipped before being superglued onto the suit (the back emblem was also given several coats of glossy red)View attachment 1585507View attachment 1585508
Despite not using a face shell, the lenses are magnetic. I made the lens frames from layered paper as seen in Sean's Crafts' video, and then made another set of lens frames from foam. Small magnets were applied to both, so that the foam lenses can sit under the fabric mask, and the nice ones can go over it. The mask made from the original pattern didn't turn out very good, so I found another pattern, and despite some slightly lumpier sewing, I think it turned out much better.

View attachment 1585510View attachment 1585511
I still have to add proper shoes to the suit, and have been unable to find any reference for the webshooters on this suit. Would they just be the ones from the Far From Home suit recolored?
Looks great, How did you get the measurements to fit your body for each piece of the pattern as its from scratch, i was thinking of trying to do this technique myself but im unsure on how to make sure the measurements are accurate to my height and length etc.?

Looks great, How did you get the measurements to fit your body for each piece of the pattern as its from scratch, i was thinking of trying to do this technique myself but im unsure on how to make sure the measurements are accurate to my height and length etc.?
Have you heard of a youtuber called JohnnyCosplays?

Last edited:
I would also recommend Johnny Cosplays, but if you get the pattern from scratch threads then resizing it is a breeze. The site says the measurements all the patterns were made for, then you just calculate what percent of those you are, and apply those quantities to the width and height of your pattern image files

View attachment 1585502

Here's my homemade Spider-Man suit that I've been working on for the past several months. The pattern was the Homecoming suit pattern from Scratch Threads (I started this before they made a pattern for this specific suit).View attachment 1585505
The emblems were made from foam and then plastidipped before being superglued onto the suit (the back emblem was also given several coats of glossy red)View attachment 1585507View attachment 1585508

View attachment 1585510View attachment 1585511
Did the pattern come with the mask attached in the pattern or detached? I am considering a purchase but is says sewn as one piece so I'm unsure

Did the pattern come with the mask attached in the pattern or detached? I am considering a purchase but is says sewn as one piece so I'm unsure
It came as an attached mask, so when transferring the pattern to fabric I just left the mask off. I would say don't use the mask in this pattern, as you can see it looked really funky. Find a different mask pattern out there (there's tons of free ones) and just use that for the suit

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back